Moss Point/Pascagoula

Moderators: delilush, sketch, karlcr9911

Moss Point/Pascagoula

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Anyone in that area? I need info on the new interchange/overpass at US-90 and SR-63/611/Industrial Rd.

It seems they opened at least part of it based on URs, but I've been unable to get more info the drivers who left the URs.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lat ... TTTFTTTFTT
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: Moss Point/Pascagoula

Postby coonass13 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:16 pm

They've opened up the northbound lanes and the off ramp which drops you off both east and west on hwy 90. I've only travelled west off the ramp on my drive, so the ramp only shows that direction, but at hwy 90 you can get in the right hand lane of the ramp to go west and the 2 left hand lanes branch off to go to the east on hwy 90. I'll drive that way tomorrow during my lunch break to record it if you want.
The south bound lanes on the overpass are not open yet because they are doing some kind of off ramp or revision to the service road from hwy 63 to hwy 90.
coonass13

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:25 pm

coonass13 wrote:They've opened up the northbound lanes and the off ramp which drops you off both east and west on hwy 90. I've only travelled west off the ramp on my drive, so the ramp only shows that direction, but at hwy 90 you can get in the right hand lane of the ramp to go west and the 2 left hand lanes branch off to go to the east on hwy 90. I'll drive that way tomorrow during my lunch break to record it if you want.
The south bound lanes on the overpass are not open yet because they are doing some kind of off ramp or revision to the service road from hwy 63 to hwy 90.

Awesome. I made the adjustment for the eastbound offramp already. Take a look at the editor link above and see if it all looks right.

What about the original path along the ground level. Is it currently still two-way traffic? And what about traffic heading west on 90 who want to go north on 63? Is that ramp next to the cloverleaf open yet?

Thanks for your help!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby coonass13 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes your map looks correct. As far as 2-way traffic on the original hwy 63: it ends at the point where you come off the overpass going north. Currently the old hwy becomes a one-way going south on hwy 63 at that point.
After you cross hwy 90 and the tracks, you drive a short way down industrial (hwy63) and then the road turns to the left and then the right and gets on the tail end of the overpass going south so that traffic stops at the new traffic light there. It is then 2 way traffic again.

As far as the east hwy 90 traffic that wants to go north, they have the 2 original hey 90 turn lanes at hwy 63 and hwy 90 blocked off and have rerouted the traffic on the cloverleaf to get onto the tail end of the overpass where it merges back into the original highway, as you thought. I will drive that tomorrow for you as well. I'm not sure if there are 2 lanes on that cloverleaf in that direction or 1 lane.
coonass13

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Okay...check out the ground level portion of 63 now and see if it looks right. Pave whatever you drive tomorrow and I'll clean it up when I get back to it.

Thanks again.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby coonass13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:05 pm

I've paved:
the left turn from hwy 90 east onto the ramp that takes you back to hwy 63 north
the right turn from hwy 90 west to the ramp that takes you back to hwy 63 north
from the overpass going north right onto the ramp and to turn left at end of ramp onto hwy 90 going east
coonass13

Postby coonass13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:34 pm

I also paved the temporary road connection from hwy 63 south to the end of the overpass going south.
I don't know if you want to add that to the map or not. It'll probably be that way for a month or so until they finish the roadwork associated with that side of the overpass off ramp at hwy 90.
The traffic light i mention below is at old mobile hwy.

"After you cross hwy 90 and the tracks, you drive a short way down industrial (hwy63) and then the road turns to the left and then the right and gets on the tail end of the overpass going south so that traffic stops at the new traffic light there. It is then 2 way traffic again."
coonass13

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:56 pm

The last pave you described didn't work. Paves only work if they're not close to existing roads so that people don't continue to pave more and more roads on top of each other.

I'm going to take a guess at what you're saying in your last post. Check it out and see if I"m close.

If that's not right, leave Update Requests using the "Map Issue" button on your right side menu. That will show me your path, and get around the problem of not being able to pave.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby coonass13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am

I think you have it correct now. But the ! was in the way. When I drive it tomorrow I'll look at the waze map on my iPad. But from what I could see, it looked fine.
I took a closer look today at the work they have left to do to finish the south bound hwy 63 overpass and ramps and it looks like a lot. There's still just dirt in most places, so the map the way you've drawn it probably won't need revisions for a little while. When they do finally open it, I'll drive all the new ramps and the road and pave it for you. Would you like me to post here in this same forum posting string to let you know it's open?
Thanks for fixing the map. Anna
coonass13

Postby coonass13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:32 pm

I drove it today and munched (funny surprise). You've got the roads right. Thanks! Anna
coonass13

Next

Return to Mississippi