Post by jasonh300
MS-## sounds like a good idea then. Either way, it's not going to generate shields immediately. Until some new shield algorithms are implemented, there will be no shields on the highways you change.

TTS is going to say "Emm-Ess ##", just like it does in Louisiana (Ellay-##). We actually pronounce it like that in Louisiana, so it worked well for us. Please note that TTS is *not* going to say "Mississippi ##".
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
The current standard in MS is to use SR-xx for the state highways instead of the longer formats. However there are only a few serious editors in the state so if you want to push to change it to MS-xx now would be the time.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
SR-xx does not generate shields, it was just the least annoying standard at the time we were discussing it. That is part of why the changeover has been less than energetic, if a road is showing a badge it is often left alone unless something else needs to be done to the road.

Also at the time we were discussing it before I had never seen MS-xxx used anywhere. Since then it has started to appear on signs and on my new car's built in GPS system. So I could be convinced we should change to MS-xx now where before I would have only agreed if using the 2 letter state code became the national standard.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
Ok I'll start a thread just for the standard change and give it about a week for dissenters.

The big one I had in my area that irritated me was all the roads just named "hwy xxx".
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message