Waze running in background, stops

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Waze running in background, stops

Postby BADSN8KE » Sat May 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Was there a fix yet for this.. I love when I send a trip to the person I’m meeting them have to send it multiple times because it isn’t running on my screen when I need to make phone calls to read emails. “Stopped of course”
BADSN8KE

Postby EricPeter50n » Fri May 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Same issue, also started recently.... Have to reset route when switching to Waze about 75% of the time. Huge issue.
EricPeter50n

Postby kunzorama » Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm

I frequently have the same issue on iOS. I start up navigation, confirm my route, get an estimated arrival time, then open up Overcast to start listening to a podcast, and when I return to Waze, I get the Waze app launch screen, then a prompt asking if I want to resume my drive to <destination>.

I have Waze set to always access location; background app refresh enabled. This behavior started about 2-3 months ago, and doesn't happen every time I open a new app and return to Waze, but often enough to bug me.
kunzorama

Postby sleepy4life » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Same issue for me. If I switch apps, or just return to home screen on my iPhone X, Waze stops running. Background Refresh is enabled for Waze and location service is set to “Always”.

Anyone know of a fix?

I am about to delete the app because of this persistent issue. I have been a longtime user, advocate for Waze, but this issue is making it completely unusable for me at this point
sleepy4life

Return to Navigation & Routing