Waze not finding closest business.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Waze not finding closest business.

Postby cameraguy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 am

kuduboet wrote:
CBenson wrote:The waze tab functions when you enter a street address (although currently, at least in most areas, the results are coming from a third party, like Bing). POIs are currently not handled well through the waze tab (in fact waze usually defaults to the Bing tab for my POI searches). POIs added to the waze map are not currently used for navigation.

Thanks so much for the clarification, now I just noticed today that the Google tab is gone? I did a quick forum search and didn't find any comments about it, is this a licensing thing, have we lost Google and are bound to Bing? If so, that is unfortunate as Bing is definitely a second rate citizen to Google in my opinion. :( The last time I used Bing for a McDonald's, it literally took me to someones house :shock:

I actually made a post about it... it's here...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38543

I am guessing the reason why it is gone is because Bing is paying Waze to get rid of Google.
cameraguy

Postby CBenson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Currently, for me this only true for the default results tab. If I switch to any of the other tabs like Bing or Google I get nearby results.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CBenson » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:24 pm

The waze tab functions when you enter a street address (although currently, at least in most areas, the results are coming from a third party, like Bing). POIs are currently not handled well through the waze tab (in fact waze usually defaults to the Bing tab for my POI searches). POIs added to the waze map are not currently used for navigation.
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CBenson » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Hmm, interesting. The Google tab is no longer showing for me either. Waze is also not currently defaulting to the Bing tab for POI searches, but is proving results in the waze tab. The waze tab is providing results different from the Bing tab and still doesn't seem to include results from the POIs on the waze map.
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Karl_db » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 am

I found this problem to be of epidemic proportions. I requested the nearest ATMs and was directed to ATM up to 2 kms away and not to the three that were in a 200 metre radius of me. Same for petrol stations.
Karl_db

Postby kuduboet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:10 pm

I have had this happen to me as well, not sure of the Waze tab logic, but I pretty much always just slide it over to the Google tab right away and then it is typically pretty good.
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

Area Manager for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | Waze FAQ
kuduboet

Postby kuduboet » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm

So some more detail on this and hopefully one of the much smarter people on the forum can comment and explain. I added a hospital near me and I know the WME editor changes have been processed as I can see it in the client. However, if I search for it using what I know is the correct name as I entered it,nothing shows up at all in the default Waze tab. If I go looking of it in Bing or Google no problem, but I assumed before it didn't find it as it wasn't a POI. Now I know it's a registered POI in Waze, what is it not finding it in the search. Does anyone really know how/if/when the Waze tab actually functions in the search? :shock: Thanks.

kuduboet

Postby kuduboet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:36 am

CBenson wrote:The waze tab functions when you enter a street address (although currently, at least in most areas, the results are coming from a third party, like Bing). POIs are currently not handled well through the waze tab (in fact waze usually defaults to the Bing tab for my POI searches). POIs added to the waze map are not currently used for navigation.

Thanks so much for the clarification, now I just noticed today that the Google tab is gone? I did a quick forum search and didn't find any comments about it, is this a licensing thing, have we lost Google and are bound to Bing? If so, that is unfortunate as Bing is definitely a second rate citizen to Google in my opinion. :( The last time I used Bing for a McDonald's, it literally took me to someones house :shock:

kuduboet

Postby kuduboet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah the whole find POI's thing needs some attention, maybe version 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kuduboet

Postby RJack67 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm

When I search for a business, Waze always gives me the locations farthest away. Eg: Search for Vons store. I have one within 2 miles of me and Waze will not display it. Always shows all other stores, some over 500 miles away. Waze shows me at my correct current location. Not sure whats going on. Thanks!
RJack67

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing