Drive Safe

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Re: Drive Safe

Postby WeeeZer14 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 pm

bgodette wrote:The other phrase that bothers me, and I don't think there's really anything wrong with it other then taking longer, is "in (distance), get ready to turn (direction)". Personally I'd like to hear that as "Get ready to turn (direction) in (distance)".

The one benefit I thought of for the current situation is that the direction is spoken last, thus giving the driver time to notice that Waze is saying something and "tune in" or tell their passengers to "shhhh!" :D
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 pm

bgodette wrote:Maybe with all the landmarks IGN is adding they're going to enable Southern routing... "Turn left at the Piggly Wiggly then go about a 1/2 mile and turn right at the Dunkin' Donuts"

I live in the South now, but I had previously lived in NJ where this was done all the time. Near where I lived it usually ended up being " turn right at the WaWa* then in 3 miles turn left at the next WaWa, then pass two more WaWas and turn right after the third WaWa" :D

Of course I was born in New York City and I used to think NJ was the south :lol:

*WaWa is a convenience store and gas station chain based out of PA that has TONS of locations in central Jersey**.

** Central Jersey is the DMZ between North Jersey and South Jersey. Yes they are different. No you wouldn't confuse them if you've been there.
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:00 am

RickW-NC wrote:Every few miles it said welcome to some city!!! Waze on.

A friend of mine who still lives in NJ has a 5 mile commute to work and they end up driving through 8 (eight!) towns in those 5 miles.

And people wonder why NJ has such high property taxes -- it is because of so much duplication of effort in running all these municipalities.
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing