Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Won't route unless very close to destination

Postby RickW-NC » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Seems ok here now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickW-NC

Won't route unless very close to destination

Postby ChadMC » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:10 pm

There isn't a problem with the map. I have been using Waze with this route for a long time now. I can also see the route working properly from the Live Map.

To: Hillcrest Pl, Nashville-Davidson TN

However, in the past 2-3 days, Waze gives me the "Can't communicate with routing server" message, unless I am about 2 miles or less away from the destination. This has been happening with some other routes too, not just the one above. I can usually get it to route to my Home directly after getting the above error message. So I know it isn't really a problem communicating with the routing server. Any ideas? Is there a routing server problem lately?

I am using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 beta 7. I've heard the same type of problem reported from a friend that uses an Android.

Thanks,
Chad
ChadMC

Re: Won't route unless very close to destination

Postby gettingthere » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

sunbaj2 wrote:Yes we do get the address from google or bing but the problem is when Waze tries to find the best route from the TO to FROM location it actyually always times out and never gives the actual route that needs to be followed.

Thanks
Sunil
India

You should bring up this specific issue with Waze Support. www.waze.com/support
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sunbaj2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 am

Yes we do get the address from google or bing but the problem is when Waze tries to find the best route from the TO to FROM location it actyually always times out and never gives the actual route that needs to be followed.

Thanks
Sunil
India
sunbaj2

Postby robokopp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:16 pm

That is good info, Thank you. I will give it a shot.
robokopp

Postby RickW-NC » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:12 am

@robo

Waze now gets its addresses from Google or Bing. There is a way to interact with them and update your address (hopefully someone will post more specifics here). I am not sure how long that process will take.

You can also delete your entry for "Home" and then do a long press on the screen at the spot on the map that you want to use. It should then get a little arrow that you can tap on and then save it.
RickW-NC

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Those are curious issues and not necessarily easy to figure out. It could be that the map in the area 1) has some disconnected segments and then routes you properly when past them, and 2) could be offset. There are sometimes large neighborhood areas which are shifted from their proper location. They initially look OK on the client, but looking in the map editor can reveal GPS tracks not following the roads and/or the roads not aligned with aerials. (Always use both GPS and aerials as aerials can also be improperly shifted.)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robokopp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm

I have a similar problem. Waze gets me close then wants to take me some where out of the way. Waze eventually sees where we are navigates close when I am with in a mile or so. I also see broken lines in the navigation. What are these from. When I hit one Waze will say proceed to hightlighted route. (or something like that). How can I fix these issues? Waze also says I have arrived about a quarter mile too soon. Waze apparently does not know where my house is by my address. Can that be corrected?
robokopp

Postby ChadMC » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:09 pm

FYI, this has been working fine the past few days.
ChadMC

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:11 pm

gettingthere wrote:
petervdveen wrote:Krankyd told me this morning they've had some server issues this weekend

Unfortunately, not much of a surprise. When are server issues over the weekend going to be the exception vs. the rule?

As of today!

Until Friday!

;-)
dmcconachie

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing