Bad Route

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Bad Route

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Really odd routes like this have been brought up before, most recently just in the last week or so. My experience has been that if it is a long-standing issue for which you've tried all the usual tricks, especially using Cartouche to restrict all turns at junctions between the source and destination and manually re-applying all allowed turns, then the last course of action is to delete segments and junctions and replace with fresh ones.

Also, since the map hasn't updated in a week, and may not for another week or more, make sure that any recent edits are actually live on the map before the last resort.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Bad Route

Postby Timbones » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm

That is odd. I checked in both editors, but couldn't see anything wrong. Even the average speeds looked sensible (though these may or may not be relevant for routing).

All I can suggest is to disconnect Anita Ln, delete the junction, and re-connect it. If that doesn't start working after the next map update, then delete both segments of Generals Hwy and redraw them.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Bad Route

Postby CBenson » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:20 pm

This might be a map editing problem, but I don't see anything on the map to explain this route. I can't get waze to route through the node that the no-entrance Anita Ln connects to. Any thoughts on why this is occuring?
Badmap.PNG
(96.99 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing