Routing onto non-existent roads

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Routing onto non-existent roads

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:46 pm

In the last two days, I and two other people (who reported map errors) have experienced Waze routing us to roads which do not exist. They not only don't exist in real life, they don't exist on the Waze map either.

First, my experience from a parking lot location, being directed over an imaginary road segment from a parking lot which traverses a store. Screenshot below and permalink here.

In Wilsonville, OR, a driver was instructed to turn directly off of I-5 northbound into the Fry's Electronics via the selected segment in this permalink.
IMG_1285.PNG
IMG_1285.PNG (99.04 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

Today, a map error report that Waze directed the driver who was driving southbound on 82nd Ave in Portland, OR, to turn left onto Halsey Blvd. Halsey and 82nd, as you can see from this permalink, aren't connected and have proper levels set. I selected the junction in that permalink because it was because of that intersection that the bridge section of Halsey shows an edit date of today.

Am I being too paranoid that the map is potentially getting seriously corrupted? Sure it could be part of the issues of late, but this type of issue I have not seen since joining Waze.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing