Honoring Turn Restriction

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Honoring Turn Restriction

Postby CBenson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:45 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Like a parking lot, if you want to reduce the likelihood of people getting routed through there that aren't permitted, you can put a little stub of a private road right at the entrance(s) and then make the rest of the roads in there regular streets. That would prevent routing inside of the restricted area from making illegal turns to avoid multiple segments of private streets.

What's the point of then making the rest of the roads in there regular streets? Private roads by themselves are insufficient to prevent routing though a campus. I have confirmed that at the NASA campus discussed here.
I do not believe that this is a case of breaking the turn restriction to avoid multiple segments of private streets, but rather a case of breaking the turn restriction to avoid a route with an extra 37 segments of streets, primary streets, ramps, minor highways and freeways.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:54 am

So the edits did change the route. The turn restriction in question is honored now. However, the turn restriction intended to prevent routing through the NSA campus is now not honored. I have repeated the same steps for this restriction (i.e. locking surrounding segments, disallowing all turns (although this shouldn't be a base map junction)) and will see if I can get waze to take the long route.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:21 pm

This area is now routing correctly. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm fairly certain that this shows that locking road segments raises the weight of the turn restrictions. In this case enough to force the correct longer route to be selected.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing