Honoring Turn Restriction

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Honoring Turn Restriction

Postby CBenson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:56 am

mapcat wrote:Gotta say, that interchange is really strange. Does anyone travel north on Connector Rd across the Parkway? Seems like the only reason it's there is to serve something to the southeast, so I wonder how many lives would be disrupted by making the overpass one way south, and eliminating the connection to Technology Dr.
It's the exit for the National Security Agency campus to the southeast. Like at all our intelligence installations there is a building boom for the contractors nearby, in this case over on Technology Dr. So there is traffic from the federal campus to the contractors campus. I'm always shocked how many waze tracks there are in the NSA parking lots as everyone I know who works there isn't permitted to take a cell phone inside to work.
Last edited by CBenson on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson

Honoring Turn Restriction

Postby CBenson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:52 am

How do I get waze to honor this turn restriction and not route like this. The correct route is admittedly 37 segments, 4.5 miles and 8 minutes longer. Then turn restriction penalty doesn't seem enough to counter this. However there is a concrete barrier that makes the turn restriction a real restriction.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson

Re: Honoring Turn Restriction

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 am

Good point about the road being invisible at the two lowest zoom levels in LiveMap. Also, was this a basemap import node? Not sure if the necessity to restrict all turns first, save, then enable turns again is needed, but that's what fixed a similar problem for me several months ago.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing