Report routing timeouts

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Report routing timeouts

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 am

McCracken808 wrote:
x556 wrote:I opened a ticket this morning on Waze support. Nothing yet, I suggest everyone to do the same until they finally realize LOTS of users are having this issue.

Where is that located?

Puerto Rico (NA servers)
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:41 am

McCracken808 wrote:
x556 wrote:
McCracken808 wrote:[quote="x556"]
I opened a ticket this morning on Waze support. Nothing yet, I suggest everyone to do the same until they finally realize LOTS of users are having this issue.

Where is that located?

Puerto Rico (NA servers)

I meant where is the support ticket location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
https://www.waze.com/support/question

You must type routing timeout first and keep searching until you find the option to open a ticket. If you can send a debug log better yet. I couldn't even do that myself, it's like I have limited connection to Waze in general. Although I see quite a few but connected users in my area.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:35 pm

fredschulz wrote:Out here in Hawaii I have been getting Routing server time outs constantly since the year changed. Not one route request has connected to the routing server. Funny thing is I will request a route and I get the connection to routing server error and no route will be given, but when I arrive to my destiination the finish line flag is there. :o

My points have not been updated in a few days either. :cry:

I have tweeted my problems in past to @waze and in the past have received a reply pretty quick. Tweeted On the nanvagation problem twice over two days and no reply.

Did someone turn out the lights and not tell us? :shock:

Fredschulz, dataman

Me guess they're on vacation or something. I see they actually reply to silly things in twitter, but they have ignored my request completely.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 pm

CBenson wrote:
x556 wrote:Me guess they're on vacation or something. I see they actually reply to silly things in twitter, but they have ignored my request completely.

You submitted the request on the weekend for them (Fri-Sat Israel time).
Yeah but I tweeted the issue quite a few times on Thursday with no response. This is my 3rd day with an useless Waze, and not to mention a level 2 map editor. I'm a little dissapointed in this situation to be frankly.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:36 pm

CBenson wrote:I'm not making excuses or denying that this is disappointing. Just clarifying what "or something" could be in your guess that they're on vacation or something.

My bad, it hasn't been easy having to rely on Google Maps for navigation. lol
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 pm

vickimachado wrote:Call me wicked, but URs that have been posted in the last two days in our area, those where the problem is not stated, are getting this "conversation" starter from me:

Hi! Map editor here, needing details on your 1/3 error report. But here's a guess: If you've been having problems with the Waze routing server in the last few days, please email me and I'll send instructions on how to file a report with Waze Support: xxxx@gmail.com -- thanks!

Sorry but, Can you explain a little better?
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

vickimachado wrote:From earlier in the thread -- here are the instructions I'm sending:

--------

Start on this page:

https://www.waze.com/support/question

Copy and paste this in the window:

i keep getting routing server timeout issues

Hit return. Then scroll to the bottom and click where it says "See also: Navigation"

Then scroll down to the bottom where it says:

If you cannot find your answer, Please click here to contact us

Finally, that takes you to the form where you can send a report to Waze Support.

Yeah your instructions are better. I already opened a ticket. At last I got a response from Twitter so I hope this will get sorted out soon enough...
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm

vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm

x556 wrote:
vickimachado wrote:One last point for me: I noticed that when I tried today to get routing -- once from my Favorites list, once that I entered in manually -- I got the same timeout notices. However, I saw the checkered flag is posted at the end points, all the same. They don't disappear when you reach them, as they normally would, but if you close out Waze via sleep mode, they disappear then.

That's normal. The flag will always appear on the desired location. The app knows where you're going. It's dependent on online servers to give you the "best possible route". I bet that if you use the app offline, (airplane mode) you will get a route. Not just the best one but simply the shortest one.

Ok doing the offline test it worked, and when I turned on the network it worked!!! It's working now, I think they fixed it try it now!
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

vickimachado wrote:I got a route. Yee-hah!

I asked my wife to try it and also worked. I also noticed double the users connected now, so I guess it's fixed.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing