Questionable Routing

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Questionable Routing

Postby dougm » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:12 am

Also, if you don't have time to edit the ramp to remove it (or don't have permissions), just report it as a problem (fairly easy on the web with the Live Map). One of the other users in the area should be able to correct it and that should help with your routing.
dougm

Postby kasrhp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Waze is still in its infant stages. Thats why you encounter some of these problems. What the app does is learn the best routes from place to place over time. The more people that use the app, the more a route is driven, the more people reporting incidents, the better it is.

Read the Wiki, and watch the tutorial video and it will show you what it is all about. You will notice in time the directions get better and better, and also, in time, the routing will be fantastic when it comes to traffic data and construction.
kasrhp

Questionable Routing

Postby nadnosneb » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Just installed Waze on a T-Mobile myTouch. Playing with the client trying to grok it. I'm disappointing with the routing. I live 4 miles from work. It routed me on a 20 mile trek that involved two freeways. The route had errors too, access on to I-90 where there is no on ramp exists.
nadnosneb

Postby The Fej » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:30 pm

@nadnosneb Try driving the route you prefer several days and let's see how things improve.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Return to Navigation & Routing