Another Odd Route

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Another Odd Route

Postby MReiser4670 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 am

CBenson wrote:
MReiser4670 wrote:
CBenson wrote:How did you find it?

I just figured something had to be amiss with that junction so I pulled it apart (without saving it) and there it was.

I'm now finding little things like this a bunch of places where weird routing has been reported. That being said, I'm still not sure how you found this one. When I pull apart a junction without saving, the roads don't change - the orange lines just show the proposed changes until I save. I haven't figured out how to find things like this without tearing apart and saving.

What I usually do to find these little segments is I grab the junction and move it or I'll remove segments one at a time and look for odd routing arrows. If you drag the junction in different directions and then let go, you'll see the little stub sitting there in orange. I've found enough of these little segments to look for them any time I have an otherwise nonsensical route.
Image Image
Delaware State Manager / Level 4 editor - Philadelphia metro
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2) w/ Waze v3.9.0.0
MReiser4670
State Manager
State Manager

Postby R4CLucky14 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Is it possible it's faster, if the left turn can only go on an arrow, and the arrow is short, then it could takes several minutes to take a left (I know an intersection where it takes over 90 seconds to get an arrow (and can only go on an arrow), but also takes 3 cycles to get through it if your in the back. )

If there is right on red, one could take a right if clear, then cross all the lanes, hang a u-turn, and go straight through the green light...
Tennessee Editors, paritipate in our Wikipage

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon, Android 2.3.4.
R4CLucky14

Postby RallyChris » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:06 pm

CBenson wrote:Its now happening consistently.
Livemap
RightURight3.jpg

I have a hard time believing that the route is actually faster.

It's not happening for me right now. Maybe bad speed data for one/more of the time slices? I would try to get Waze HQ involved. I know that might be hard, but I suspect something wrong with data that we can't effect without a wipe it all out and start over.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing