Routing Server Timeouts / Failed Routes for long routes

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Fastest route displayed second

Postby roarlions1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:38 pm

I have a background in math and have done some work in operations research. Is there any opportunity to work with the team that does the routing to see if any recommendations may be made on efficiency? Thanks!
roarlions1
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: Routing Server Timeouts / Failed Routes for long routes

Postby PesachZ » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:17 pm

The team is constantly evaluating and looking for ways to increase efficiency and productivity. No one wants the route to fail to DE for example, but unfortunately we know that it does happen on occasion. The workaround offered by support is just that, a workaround in the interim while they search for a solution.

The form linked in the first post of this thread is still being monitored, if you did not already report this failure yet, please fill out that form so the developers can try to research the route.

I highly doubt they will allow an outsider access to see and evaluate their code, it is proprietary. You can always try to offer via the support page, but I don't think it will happen.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby CBenson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Regarding Manhattan to Rehoboth, back before the ferry road type was in full use (and thus you couldn't route using the Cape May/Lewis ferry), bugs regarding this route were identified and it worked for awhile. I wonder if now that the ferry is an option the routing server is having problems dealing with that option.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jasolson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:00 pm

A simple way to create this try to route from Boston MA to Washington DC on the website. It chokes and says there's an error.

What's the limit on waze for distances?
jasolson

Postby popel22 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:08 am

1000 miles
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby popel22 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Just tried it and everything worked just fine
popel22
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby thmeans06 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

I have the exact same problem. It didn't start until the most recent update. I'll also be going back to Google maps until these issues have been resolved.

DauserShenkt wrote:Hi,

I am getting Routing Server Timeouts for any request for a planned drive (within range) that is not for 'today'. It is not a distance issue.

Happening on both IOS and Android. Using alternative data network providers. Same results. Different User on each device.

Feel dirty having to go back to google maps...
thmeans06

Postby F1_Rules » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Hey Guys,
I am experiencing routing server timouts/failed routes for long routes. I am planning on an east cost road trip from Boston and I tried breaking my stopping points with stops in Peterburg, VA and Rock Mount, NC, even by reducing the distance it gives me a routing server time or no route found. Can you please help.

Br
F1_Rules

Postby VandyOlmstead » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm located in Northern Delaware and, for the past two days, attempted to find a route to Southwest Harbor Maine and each time I tried it gave an error message (routing server not available) or just a rotating circle with no other reponse.
VandyOlmstead

Postby bobc455 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:43 pm

F1_Rules wrote:Hey Guys,
I am experiencing routing server timouts/failed routes for long routes. I am planning on an east cost road trip from Boston and I tried breaking my stopping points with stops in Peterburg, VA and Rock Mount, NC, even by reducing the distance it gives me a routing server time or no route found. Can you please help.

Br

For those of us in the Boston area, it seems that Philadelphia is kinda a critical junction. Routing to Philly seems to work fine, but once you get past there it seems to bog down.

I suggest you plan out a "reasonable" route, and make somewhere around 350 miles (whether that is Philly or somewhere else) an intermediate destination. After you reach that intermediate destination, and maybe grab some lunch, then route yourself the rest of the way. A friend routed from Boston area to Hilton Head recently and it worked well.

-Bob C.
bobc455
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing