Long Route

Moderator: Unholy

Long Route

Postby CBenson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 am

Can explain why waze routes like this at this location?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Turbo, Android 4.4.4, Waze 3.9.4.0
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Long Route

Postby CBenson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Timbones wrote:The only thing I can find is the speed shown in Cartouche for this segment is NaN for one direction. Not sure which direction it is.

I am under the impression that the first speed is for the native direction of the segment (the direction that the left to right one way selection gives) and the second speed is for the non-native direction. Is this not always the case?

Timbones wrote:However, I can route from segment on to the Highway, but not too that segment from Bayside Beach Rd. Therefore, I suspect there's something wrong with the node on that fork. Delete and redo?

Yeah, I will at some point. I have been having some success at cutting down the number of nodes that I simply delete and redo to solve odd routing issues by drilling down and finding odd map problems. I was hoping that there might be one here that I was overlooking. Thanks for looking.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Timbones wrote:Yes, I believe that this is true, I just couldn't tell which way was native. I think this is a red herring anyway, as the problem is more likely to be at that node.
I agree. The direction towards Ft. Smallwood Rd is the native direction. If I recall correctly, that segment was set one way in that direction at some point. That would make sense from an autocorrection standpoint as few come southeast on Ft Smallwood to turn left on Bayside Beach, while many come out Bayside Beach to turn left on Ft Smallwood. Thus, the update request when waze decided not route this way.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 am

The only thing I can find is the speed shown in Cartouche for this segment is NaN for one direction. Not sure which direction it is.

However, I can route from segment on to the Highway, but not too that segment from Bayside Beach Rd. Therefore, I suspect there's something wrong with the node on that fork. Delete and redo?
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route Tester
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:37 pm

CBenson wrote:
Timbones wrote:The only thing I can find is the speed shown in Cartouche for this segment is NaN for one direction. Not sure which direction it is.

I am under the impression that the first speed is for the native direction of the segment (the direction that the left to right one way selection gives) and the second speed is for the non-native direction. Is this not always the case?

Yes, I believe that this is true, I just couldn't tell which way was native. I think this is a red herring anyway, as the problem is more likely to be at that node.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route Tester
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Return to Navigation & Routing