Waze doesn't like two roundabouts

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Re: Waze doesn't like two roundabouts

Postby Timbones » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:21 pm

All the routes look fine in the LiveMap, which suggests it isn't a map issue. Double roundabouts don't usually cause problems for Waze, so I doubt it is doing so this time.

Check if you have 'Prefer goodie munching' option enabled on your phone. If so, disable it as it causes wild diversions to your route.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route Tester
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Waze doesn't like two roundabouts

Postby zzemca » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi folks,

My route to practically everywhere involves two roundabouts.

Waze doesn't like 'em.

Linky: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... FFTFTTTTFT

Route 1: R762 Mill Rd (East) to R762 Glen Rd (West), routes me through the two roundabouts. Correct.

Route 2: R762 Glen Rd (West) to R762 Mill Rd (East), routes me left at the first roundabout, through carrig villas, all the way around to R762 Mill Rd. Way wrong. Should route through the two roundabouts.

Route 3: R762 Mill Rd (West) to R761 Church Rd (North). Routes me through Carrig Villas. Way wrong. Should route me through the two roundabouts.

Route 4: Route 3 but in reverse.

Carrig villas is definitely the slower route.

I've checked the speeds in cartouche and they seem fine, the live map routes correctly through the two roundabouts for the above routes, it's just through my phone that it doesn't route correctly?

The only reason I can think waze is doing this is the way it treats roundabouts in the routing calculation.

I've wazed all combos a number of times waiting for waze to get the idea. It hasn't. It's been months.

Thoughts?

Running 3.0.1.1 on Android
zzemca

Re: Waze doesn't like two roundabouts

Postby zzemca » Thu May 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi Timbones,

Thanks for the reply, yes indeedy, turning off cookies takes me the right way. Even though there ain't no cookies on the alternate slow route, the always prefer cookies option does sometimes do some out of the way routing.

Thanks for the tip. My routing is soooo much better.

Emmet
Waze 3.0.0.0 on Android 2.3.5 on Samsung Galaxy S2 in a Fiat Punto MkII in the fast lane
zzemca

Return to Navigation & Routing