Driving directions wrong on NYS Thruway

Moderator: Unholy

Postby Bigbear3764 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:47 pm

When you want to see the arrow underneath, hit the S key. It will move the hidden one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image
AM Chicagoland Area ILL Functional Class Map
CM North America
ILL Wiki
ILL To-Do
Bigbear3764
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Boschett » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:33 am

I've tried to edit the map but I saw nothing to fix in the area I think is wrong. Navigating home for the past 6+ months all was fine until a few weeks ago. The app does not recognize the direction to take I-87N (NYS Thruway) and get off at exit 16 (Harriman NY). It keeps on directing me to alternate routes that take much longer. Once I get past the last alternate it suggests I go to exit 17 and turn around and go south and get off exit 16 from the SB lane. Strange. It would be great if a more seasoned map editor would check this out. I suggest try and choose directions from Suffern NY to Chester NY. It won't show I-87N (NYS Thruway) as an option.
Boschett

Re: Driving directions wrong on NYS Thruway

Postby Boschett » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Keep in mind all was working fine for months. I start my directions in Pearl River but that doesn't matter. I get on at exit 14. The navigation does not direct me to exit at 16. It constantly tries to redirect and when there is no other way (as soon as I pass exit 15) it doesn't know to take exit 16. It tells me to go 1/2 hr out of the way to exit 17 and back down to 16. When I looked at the map at the junction of I87 and exit 16 I saw what looked like 2 direction arrows, one on top of the other. The one on top was green and continued north. The one on the bottom, I could hardly see. I don't know if that was the direction for the exit. Maybe that's the problem?
Boschett

Postby Boschett » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Well this issue is still not resolved. I invite anyone to check the directions out for yourself on the Waze live map and Google.
Waze = 36min, 40km (25 miles) via Rte17
Google = 33min, 25.5 miles via NYS Thruway

Waze doesn't even give the Thruway as an option. It must have something against the Thruway. :lol:

Something is obviously wrong. Especially since it worked a month ago.
Boschett

Postby Spil » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 am

I'll be happy to take a look at it for you. Judging from what you posted, I assume you're expecting Waze to put you on I-87 N at the Exit 15A onramp in Ramapo? I'll start around there and take a look at the Thruway and the ramps between there and Chester.
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 am

Hmmmm ... just took a quick look through there, and I don't see any issues on I-87 or NY-17 between Ramapo and US-6 ... not sure what could be causing this. :? I did make a quick change or two just now, up near the NY-17 exit, but nothing that would have affected the routing. I'll still take another look after you respond regarding where you get on I-87.
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing