Routing server internal error

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Routing server internal error

Postby asterix06 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

same problem for me on android 3.2.1
Image Image ↖Italian docs
Iphone5 Waze 3.7.8, Asus Nexus 7 Waze 3.7.8
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, Country Manager Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegowina, Tanzania, Botswana
Forum Moderator
asterix06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby chybb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 pm

I have been getting the Internal Server Error for two weeks now. The only time it works is when I GPS home or work. It also works when I am relatively closer to where I am heading. Now, keep in mind I am only traveling no more than 30 miles and am in the DC area. I have full bars and 3G up. I have an iPhone and my husband has a Droid and is also having the same issues.
Waze, please fix the issues - it's happening to my coworkers too! It's not our phones - it's your app. Maybe when you updated it, someone didn't do something correctly. Accountability folks...
chybb

Postby gettingthere » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:44 am

How far away are you trying to route to? Have you rebooted your SmartPhone?
Wazer in San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Waze 3.7.8
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gettingthere » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 am

Optid wrote:I am trying to navigate from Wilmington,NC to Roanoke,VA - Everytime I do so I get the error. I can navigate to any other city in VA though. I have rebooted phone, uninstalled app and re-installed the app, and I get the same error.

Re-installing is likely not going to help this issue.

That route is apx. 300 miles. Waze should be able to route up to 1000 miles.

But keep in mind:

* Waze has been having capacity issues with the huge influx of new Wazers.
* Longer routes take more time to calculate at the routing server.
* Longer routes are more likely to have issues with the map that need to be fixed by Wazers who edit the map (the Waze maps are maintained by the users of Waze, the Waze community).

Although Routing Server internal error is different than Routing Server timeout. Are you able to set this route using the Waze LiveMap?

www.waze.com/livemap
Wazer in San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Waze 3.7.8
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iahim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:47 pm

I have the same problem. It started Monday morning (Jul. 16) as I was driving to the airport in Atlanta. After 10-15 attempts I was finally able to get a route. I flew to Minneapolis and used Waze for 3 days with absolutely no errors. As soon as I returned to Atlanta, the Server Internal Errors re-appeared. If I keep trying, eventually it will work. This morning for example, I kept trying all the way to work, and finally I got a route when I was within a mile from the office. So I think the client is not the problem. It's the server for this area. Perhaps something related to the infrastructure changes viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22358.
iahim

Postby iahim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 am

chybb wrote:I have been getting the Internal Server Error for two weeks now. The only time it works is when I GPS home or work. It also works when I am relatively closer to where I am heading. Now, keep in mind I am only traveling no more than 30 miles and am in the DC area. I have full bars and 3G up. I have an iPhone and my husband has a Droid and is also having the same issues.
Waze, please fix the issues - it's happening to my coworkers too! It's not our phones - it's your app. Maybe when you updated it, someone didn't do something correctly. Accountability folks...

For the last few days it worked fine for me (except Saturday when I kept getting the server timeout error for about 5 minutes - but that's a different issue).
iahim

Postby iahim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 am

Kitty,

I don't think there are any server issues presently (at least none are reported on the status page). I would try to do a hard reset on the phone (google it if you've never done it). If that doesn't work I would uninstall Waze, do a hard reset and then install it again.
iahim

Postby millerok98 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:33 pm

I have been getting a routing server internal error message anytime I try to navigate anywhere. It's being going on for the last 4 days. I'm in the salt lake city, utah, usa area. Using latest waze android update.
millerok98

Postby millerok98 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 pm

I created a ticket and got this response:

If the problem persists, please uninstall Waze (make sure to remove any remaining directories in your SD card) and then reinstall the software. Make sure that you have a stable data connection and good GPS reception.

I uninstalled Waze, deleted all Waze files left over, reinstalled Waze, but I still get that error message. Didn't work for me, might work for someone else.
millerok98

Postby millerok98 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 am

I'm finding some locations will route fine others give me that message. Can't really figure out any pattern.
millerok98

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing