Routing server internal error

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Routing server internal error

Postby iahim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:47 pm

I have the same problem. It started Monday morning (Jul. 16) as I was driving to the airport in Atlanta. After 10-15 attempts I was finally able to get a route. I flew to Minneapolis and used Waze for 3 days with absolutely no errors. As soon as I returned to Atlanta, the Server Internal Errors re-appeared. If I keep trying, eventually it will work. This morning for example, I kept trying all the way to work, and finally I got a route when I was within a mile from the office. So I think the client is not the problem. It's the server for this area. Perhaps something related to the infrastructure changes viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22358.
iahim

Postby chybb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 pm

I have been getting the Internal Server Error for two weeks now. The only time it works is when I GPS home or work. It also works when I am relatively closer to where I am heading. Now, keep in mind I am only traveling no more than 30 miles and am in the DC area. I have full bars and 3G up. I have an iPhone and my husband has a Droid and is also having the same issues.
Waze, please fix the issues - it's happening to my coworkers too! It's not our phones - it's your app. Maybe when you updated it, someone didn't do something correctly. Accountability folks...
chybb

Postby iahim » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 am

chybb wrote:I have been getting the Internal Server Error for two weeks now. The only time it works is when I GPS home or work. It also works when I am relatively closer to where I am heading. Now, keep in mind I am only traveling no more than 30 miles and am in the DC area. I have full bars and 3G up. I have an iPhone and my husband has a Droid and is also having the same issues.
Waze, please fix the issues - it's happening to my coworkers too! It's not our phones - it's your app. Maybe when you updated it, someone didn't do something correctly. Accountability folks...

For the last few days it worked fine for me (except Saturday when I kept getting the server timeout error for about 5 minutes - but that's a different issue).
iahim

Postby nykonkitty » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi,

I have also had this issue. I have now have an iPhone5 and updated waze to the newest version.
The only I can fix the issue is by restarting WAZE.
My friend has an iPhone 4S with the one version older of waze and has none of these issues.

I still love waze but is now becoming very frustrating to use.

-Kitty
nykonkitty

Postby iahim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 am

Kitty,

I don't think there are any server issues presently (at least none are reported on the status page). I would try to do a hard reset on the phone (google it if you've never done it). If that doesn't work I would uninstall Waze, do a hard reset and then install it again.
iahim

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing