Strange issue when planning a route

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Strange issue when planning a route

Postby nechtmarrie » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello everyone,

So recently i have been facing a rather weird issue with my waze app.

When i open the app my current location is shown perfectly on the map.
Then when I enter a destination the GPS signal is lost, the router however is planned correctly.
Then after a short while what seems very random (Between 5 to 60 seconds) the GPS is picked up again and the rest of the route works perfectly.

Iv tried other apps that use GPS and those all work without any issues.

I sent this case to the waze support team but the actions they have listed i already tried to no result.

Anyone else having this issue or knows how to resolve it?

Kind regards,
Necht
---------------------------------------------------------------
FYI below are the actions i have tried so far:
---------------------------------------------------------------
In order to fix your GPS issue, please follow the steps below:

Open your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch OFF.
With the switch toggled off, please perform a hard reset on your iPhone. To do so, hold the Home and Lock buttons until you see the Apple icon. (Note: this will not affect any of the applications or data on your phone).
Go back to phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services once again and toggle the switch ON.
If you're still experiencing issues with your GPS, please take the following steps:

Install the application GPS Status from the App Store.
Open the app and check what is written next to GPS Status.
No fix or Poor fix indicates you have a poor GPS signal, and Waze won't work.
If you keep your phone in a case, please try removing it. This oftentimes interferes with GPS signal.
If you're in a vehicle, try moving your device closer to a window.
If neither of these options improves your signal, please contact your cellular provider or a phone repair center.
Excellent fix indicates that your GPS signal is strong. Please open Waze and navigate.
If the above did not solve the issue, please log out from your Waze account by tapping Menu > Settings > Account & Login > Log out. Before doing so, make sure your email is linked to your account by tapping Menu > Settings > Account & Login > Email - this will allow you to reset your password should you need to do so.
nechtmarrie

Re: Strange issue when planning a route

Postby bobc455 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm

I've had a similar issue when my phone is connected to a wifi inside a building.

For me, the phone connects to the routing server through the wifi. However since I'm outside the building, and usually driving away, that wifi signal is quickly lost and the phone gets confused.

Therefore when routing, I turn off wifi and rely strictly on cellular data.

-Bob C.
bobc455
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Strange issue when planning a route

Postby nechtmarrie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 am

Hi Bob,

I don't think our cases are alike tho.
In my case the route is calculated without issues, it is after that however that my GPS signal is lost for a few seconds up until 1 minute.
nechtmarrie

Return to Navigation & Routing