2018 GMC Yukon GPS connection issues

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

2018 GMC Yukon GPS connection issues

Postby DAXICAB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:44 pm

In brief...The Waze app is not functioning properly in the new 2018 GMC Yukon on the iPhone 7. It constantly reads "waiting for GPS signal...try going outside" Waze worked perfectly in my 2015 Yukon which I traded in last month, and it worked great on my iPhone 6s. True, there are many reported issues with the GPS on different batches of iPhone 7's which is why I went through the trouble of replacing it (ug...no fun) thinking that was the problem, but no. Since then I have tried WAZE in a Jeep grand Cherokee, Range Rover & other Chevy trucks...no problem at all with the GPS. To save some troubleshooting question response time I have also tried the following: Turning CarPlay OFF/ON, Turning Tucks hot spot WiFi OFF/ON, Turning Bluetooth OFF/ON, Plugging the phone into the USB directly, unplugging it, Turning iPhones Cellular data OFF/ON, Turning iPhones WiFi OFF/ON, and of course scouring the internet for like issues..and problem solving. No help. Can someone please help me, what am I missing..I can't drive without waze and I love my truck..please don't make me choose.
DAXICAB

Re: 2018 GMC Yukon GPS connection issues

Postby ramblinwreck_81 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:05 pm

no real help here but I have a hard time believing it's truly a GPS issue when, on occasion I get that with my iphone 7. I typically keep my phone near the windshield but even when it's down between the seats, it still gets a solid GPS signal.

I'd be more inclined to think it could be just your particular phone except that you've tested in others. which brings me to the last thing... the new truck.

With all that said, you can try this :

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841
USA Country Manager; Georgia State Manager

[ img ][ img ]
utile, simplicitate, retentione
Join the Southeast Region Discord Channel
ramblinwreck_81
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: 2018 GMC Yukon GPS connection issues

Postby usa_ku6zyagm » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:49 pm

I am experiencing this exact same issue with my 2017 GMC Yukon. I have tried multiple GPS devices including, Iphone 6, 7, XR, Samsung Phone running Android OS, and Garmin navigator. In Apple Maps or Google Maps, my location skips all around the map. In Waze, I get a message that GPS Signal is not Available. In a GPS Status App that I have on my phone, the Horizontal Accuracy skips between 6 meters and 800 meters, back and forth. If I hold any of these devices outside my driver window, or hand a device to someone in the back seat of the car, the problem immediately goes away. My location on maps immediately re-centers and the GPS Stats App holds more steady between 6 meters and 9 meters. This problem does not happen in other cars of the same make and model as mine, as the GMC Dealership has lent me several while they have attempted to diagnose this issue with mine. I have exhausted options with GMC, who states that they have reproduced and recognize this problem, but they don't know what it is and they don't know how to fix it. GM now knows of this issue, doesn't want to spend more time trying to figure out what is causing it and is resolve to let me live with it. Attempting to hold a device out of range of whatever is causing this interference is dangerous and forces me to look backward into the back seat, or out the window in order to carry on my daily duties.
usa_ku6zyagm

Return to Navigation & Routing