Too many confirmations for add stop or resume drive

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Too many confirmations for add stop or resume drive

Postby grkpete » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello all! I've had a pet peeve on having to make (what I see as) useless confirmations when adding a stop or resuming a drive. The last year or so, I've thought "surely, this is a fluke and waze will correct" but it hasn't changed. Perhaps I'm missing something however, which is why I decided to publicize my frustration.

1. Confirmation when adding a stop. Is it really necessary to ask me if I want to "go now" when I am already being navigated on a route, and afterwards decide to add a stop?

2. Confirmation when resuming drive. When I turn off Waze and then turn it back on later, Is it really necessary to ask me if I want to "go now" if I already answered "Go" when I'm asked if I want to resume my drive?

I understand I have the opportunity to select a different route for my waypoint, but I would rather just get on with it and not have to press another confirmation. The option to "select the best time" is useless as far as I can see, considering you are de facto already on the road and heading somewhere in both cases. If I really wanted the option to go later or to choose my route, I'd start a new drive. Perhaps it's me, but these options don't make much sense when one is already en route.
Greece Country Manager, Area Manager Κρήτη, Waze Local Champ
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
grkpete
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing