Stop routing cut through via neighborhood

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Stop routing cut through via neighborhood

Postby mwolfe_ga » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Please do not route drives through neighborhood as a bypass from light at the corner. The below permalink shows the 2 entrances (belles lane and hillview lane) to the neighborhood. I've included an attachment that shows the boundaries of the neighborhood.
https://www.waze.com/livemap#?ll=34.075 ... 362&at=now
People should only be routed into this neighborhood only if their destination ends / starts within its borders.
I'm submitting this as we have a lot of people passing through and significantly speeding, with many children at play and people walking their dogs.
Attachments
waze.jpg
shows boundaries of neighborhood
(54.61 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
mwolfe_ga

Re: Stop routing cut through via neighborhood

Postby jm6087 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Waze should only route where it is legal for vehicles to drive. Looking at the area, I am not seeing any gates that would prevent any driver from going this way. If this is a gated community, then we can make changes to the map to try and prevent routing when someone is using Waze.

If drivers are speeding through the neighborhood, I would suggest contacting you local law enforcement to come out and slow drivers down.

FYI, the way the routing algorithm's work in Waze, it will generally only route someone into the neighborhood if their destination is located inside or traffic is so backed up that the app feels it will save a significant amount of time routing through the neighborhood. If a bunch of people are cutting through the neighborhood, odds are they are using another app or just cutting through because they want to.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Navigation & Routing