Uploading an own created object database on Waze

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Uploading an own created object database on Waze

Postby world_7q75wqlr » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello!

For navigation purpose is needed to contact to database server or upload my created database of objects (gase pipelines section with numbers, gase valves with numbers etc.) on Waze, in order to create route and navigate from my current location to endpoint (uploaded objects).

Is possible and how can I do it?
world_7q75wqlr

Re: Uploading an own created object database on Waze

Postby juankx » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

world_7q75wqlr wrote:Hello!

For navigation purpose is needed to contact to database server or upload my created database of objects (gase pipelines section with numbers, gase valves with numbers etc.) on Waze, in order to create route and navigate from my current location to endpoint (uploaded objects).

Is possible and how can I do it?

You have 3 options:
  • You could add those places to Waze, using the app "add place" option or the Waze Map Editor. With this option the new places will appear in the Waze search to all users. This is not an option if your places are not public places.
  • You can add your places to Favorites in your app and then use those references when you need to navigate. This way you will keep your places references private, they will not appear in Waze search to all users. You can share these references with more people using the place share option in the app.
  • You can navigate using coordinates, useful if you already have the information in this format.
juankx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Uploading an own created object database on Waze

Postby yangsteri » Wed May 08, 2019 8:28 am

I've also been looking for this functionality. I've got thousands work related locations in 4 different POI files, that I'd like to upload to waze. I'ts really too much work to put them into favourites by hand.. when will this be possible?
yangsteri

Return to Navigation & Routing