App needs ability to display additional alternate routes

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: App needs ability to display additional alternate routes

Postby craven50h » Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. It's been a busy couple of weeks but I've been paying more attention to it the last few weeks, forcing it to recalculate as I approached the intersection of 30/190 and 635/190 (on the return trip). It consistently does not provide 190 as a route suggestion even though google maps does consistently suggest 190 as the better route most of the time. I can provide screen shots if that would be helpful.

I did notice a couple of times in the morning it suggested taking 30 to 35 instead of 30 to 635. This is a horrible suggestion in my opinion. On average I would say that route is worse than the 635 or 190 routes.
craven50h

Postby travysh » Fri May 17, 2019 3:02 am

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the best place or not, but seems relevant.

For the past month or so Waze will only ever give me two routes. It used to consistently give me three. Probably 90% of the time both of those routes are very minor variations of "drive straight to the freeway".

That annoyance aside, it gets worse.

I hop in to route settings and set "Avoid freeways" and there are QUICKER routes this way! So Waze is perfectly capable of finding a better route, but is not showing it!

This means I'm changing route settings and recalculating routes multiple times during my commute just to force Waze to do what it should be doing itself.
travysh

Postby dfw_gis » Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 am

Hi travysh. While the Waze developers typically don't view these forums as it is dedicated predominantly to Waze Map Editors we do like to look into issues involving routing among other tasks. Where (approximately is fine) is the start and end points for your route when you first connect?
dfw_gis(5)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

Multi-State-Manager-Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma
Area Manager-Kenai Peninsula Alaska
dfw_gis
State Manager
State Manager

Postby travysh » Sun May 26, 2019 2:24 am

Good to know, thanks.

This is primarily Renton, WA (Fairwood-cascade) to Bellevue, WA (near crossroads mall). There's at least 3 major routes (405 to I90, coal creek parkway, and Renton Issaquah Rd to I90). And a whole bunch of variations on those.
travysh

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing