Portion of Nav non-existant

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Portion of Nav non-existant

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 pm

A screenshot would be very helpful. It sounds like it could have been your app didn't, for some reason, download the latest version of the map tile. Usually, the route going through the tile is supposed to force it to download a new one. It may be helpful to upload logs from the app, then submit a ticket from the Quick Help box on the support page, noting the time/date you uploaded the logs.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dougie47 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:46 pm

This is a very frustrating problem. I was on I-57 for a few hundred miles yesterday and it kept trying to recalucate my route and there were gaps in the road. Please, I'd rather have good navigation over good social stuff. Please fix.
dougie47

Postby invented » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 am

It's been doing it to me too. Then you get "proceed to highlighted route".
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby invented » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm

OldGnome wrote:I have recently used Waze for multiple trips of two to more than four hours in Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. I didn't notice a problem at all with the navigation, even across southern Florida ("alligator alley") where cell reception can be spotty.

I have an iPhone 4S and Verizon is my carrier.

Right, but other people *are* having this problem.
invented
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby invented » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Trunks30 wrote:Unfortunately this glitch or whatever you'd like to call it makes waze a bit unreliable during long road trips. Especially if you run into traffic and it doesn't suggest an alternate route because you are in between navigation segments. Plus I found it won't reroute properly if you just select alternate routes. You actually have to stop the navigation and re-navigate to your destination. I submitted a ticket through the support page, but the response I received was less than desirable. Basically making it sound like there was not a problem and shot it down.

Yeah the last time I reported it they gave me some terrible canned response. Sometimes the support is awful, but that's Waze.
invented
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby OldGnome » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

I have recently used Waze for multiple trips of two to more than four hours in Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. I didn't notice a problem at all with the navigation, even across southern Florida ("alligator alley") where cell reception can be spotty.

I have an iPhone 4S and Verizon is my carrier.
OldGnome

Postby OldGnome » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 pm

invented wrote:Right, but other people *are* having this problem.

Right, but adding a counterpoint.
OldGnome

Portion of Nav non-existant

Postby Trunks30 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I was using the nav the other day and around the last quarter of the navigation, it's like the navigation stopped. The purple line just ended. Now this would have been a big problem if i didn't know where I was going already, because where it ended there were a few turns I had to make. After about a mile or so after it just ended and I had made all my turns, the purple nav line picked back up. Also the whole time I was in that in between area, it kept trying to recalculate but was unsuccessful. My gps was working just fine because my location was in the right spot the whole time in between. This has only happened once since I've been using waze so I just wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else has had this problem before.
Trunks
MyTouch4G - T Mobile - Virtuous Affinity 2.05 - Android 2.3.5
Trunks30

Postby Trunks30 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm not exactly sure how to do the screenshot. It did however happen to me again. It seems that the navigation portion of it does not like the longer road trips. The map tiles are there, maybe it's not the updated one like you said, but at the same time it was on the interstate. The navigation line along the interstate looked like a hashed line instead of a solid line. In between sections, it would constantly try to re-calculate with no success. One of my recent trips I lost signal during one of the in between sections, and since it couldn't re-calculate, waze just shut down on it's own. I thought maybe it was my phone, and it still could be, so I tried a couple of different ROM's and both having the same effect. They have been having issues with the NA servers so maybe that would have caused it as well.

At this point I'm thinking for the longer road trips just having waze on but not using the nav portion of it.
Trunks
Trunks30

Postby Trunks30 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 am

Just another update, I was just talking to one of my friends who uses waze as well. He just got back from a long road trip and he asked me if the navigation for waze has ever cut out on me. From what I've seen of this issue so far, it seems to work fine for every day commutes of less than 30 min. Once you get over that 30 min mark it seems to start having issues.

As for his phone, it's a T-Mobile Sensation and whatever the last OTA update was.
Trunks
Trunks30

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing