Missing segments

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Missing segments

Postby stevecody » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am

I've had this problem for a week or so now, possibly, coincidentally after the install of 3.5 on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1.

At a certain zoom level, the road segments are missing. The routing engine also sees them as missing, apparently.

In this permalink, you can see the road segment exists and was last updated in Feb, 2012.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... s=64567615

I also had a recent Problem Report indicating road segments were missin in a major interstate in my area. I don't have the permalink here, though. I'm on my iPhone.

Is this happening to other people? I searched through the forums and don't see much on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Missing segments

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I've been seeing this a lot lately too. I have nearly a dozen screenshots waiting for another map update cycle to see if they clear out automatically. We have seen this happen before and Waze has always had an explanation/excuse.

Whether this is a Map issue, or an app issue, isn't clear.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Missing segments

Postby stevecody » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Ok, thanks. I'll wait for another update cycle. We've had one already since this problem started but no change. We'll see what the future holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Cody
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby phantomblack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

After a 750 mile round trip this week. I can say this is a real problem and it is messing up navigation. I left lots of UR's and all the roads look good in the editor. The route was working great but this trip Waze was continually re-calculating or telling me to head to the nearest road. Sometimes there would be no road on the client other times I was shown on the road but Waze was still telling me to head to the nearest road, very strange. Several times Waze tried to direct me off the interstate to avoid a missing segment.

Things were working great but I updated just prior to this trip so I would put my money on app issue. Maybe time for a full uninstall and fresh load.
Wisconsin-based US Country Manager
phantomblack

Postby stevecody » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I have a device that I haven't updated to 3.5 yet. I'll test it out in a few days when I have a chance to drive this route again.

We've had a recent update to the NA tiles and the problem persists. Time for a post to support.
Steve Cody
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jwkilgore » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I updated to 3.5 and drove from Tennessee to Ohio on Saturday, then drove back last night. Both times it's exactly like the OP said. Missing map segments in the client at some zoom levels, and continually having it beep and re-calculate the map near those segments.

Interestingly, though, it's not entire editor segments. One location where I left a UR pin the segment is 15,707 meters long (almost 10 miles, a ridiculously long segment that kills any usable traffic congestion reporting, but that's an argument I gave up on). But the short missing pieces of road were in the middle of this long segment.

I was running Waze on an Android (3.5.0.3) and two other people in the same vehicle were running iPhones (3.5), all were having the same problem.
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee
jwkilgore

Postby stevecody » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

jwkilgore wrote:Interestingly, though, it's not entire editor segments. One location where I left a UR pin the segment is 15,707 meters long (almost 10 miles, a ridiculously long segment that kills any usable traffic congestion reporting, but that's an argument I gave up on). But the short missing pieces of road were in the middle of this long segment.

Wow, that is good information. I really thought it was due to a segment getting marked as bad or something. I was actually considering deleting one offending segment and recreating it to see if it fixed itself. Now I won't bother.
Steve Cody
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby stevecody » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm

My problem appears to be resolved in v3.5.1. Initially, after installing the update, I still experienced the missing segments but after killing and restarting the app, the missing segment problem has not reoccurred.
Steve Cody
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby stevecody » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 pm

This problem has returned. It did not occur yesterday but has reoccurred today at the same locations as before. :/
Steve Cody
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OhioStMusicMan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 am

Last night, after never seeing this issue, it happened numerous times and each time more seemed to be missing. I know I was not the only one in the area to have it happen to as I've seen several URs throughout northern Ohio describing the same problem.
Attachments
IMG_1568.PNG
IMG_1568.PNG (105.15 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
IMG_1567.PNG
IMG_1567.PNG (94.9 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
IMG_1566.PNG
IMG_1566.PNG (120.78 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
Travis
Waze 4.8.9903.903
iPhone 6 (VZW) - iOS 9.3.2
iMac 21.5" & MacBook Pro 15" - OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)
Area Manager: Bakersfield, CA
State Manager: Ohio

ImageImageImage
OhioStMusicMan
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing