Seriously... Routes is Worthless!!!

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Seriously... Routes is Worthless!!!

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

You're pretty confident the map is fine. Share a permalink here and someone can check. Your experience is not typical of a well-mapped, mature and well wazed area.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby kgilding » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm

It's been almost 2 years. Routes are still worthless. Waze always give me 3 routes. 1) Main Freeway 2) Streets + Main Freeway 3) Other Streets + Main Freeway. None of which anyone would use unless you never been there before, aka- Let's take the Main Freeway, THAT EVERYONE IS USING, because we know it leads to everything. Their is a reason there are 2 freeways. There is a reason we have highways and Mains Roads. So you don't clog the other roads like the Main Freeway.

Don't tell me to check the map for errors and edit it. I checked it and the map is fine. I punch in a destination in Google and Apple maps and guess what. I get 3 or 4 routes. Including the Routes I take. Why is this so hard for Waze?

Also, as I drive and Waze recalculates it's route, because I don't take it's route. I notice it likes to tell me to take side streets through neighborhoods and business areas. These areas have a speed limit of 25mph and are mostly 1 lane through because people park on both sides of the street. You also have a stop sign at the end of each street along with people leaving a parking. How is this faster than a main Highway Road with a speed limit of 35mph-45mph? Is Waze trusting people who speed through low speed limit areas like neighborhoods and school zones?

I suggest you 1) Add More Suggested Routes to give your app a better chance of giving a better verity. 2) Fix your way of calculating routes or at least give all possible routes, then give routes based on Speeder taking unconventional routes. 3) If the System keeps a history of your routes, which it does, let us use the last few routes as one of the options.

This is the only issue I have with Waze , BUT IT IS A MAJOR ISSUE!
kgilding

Postby maantje76 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Maybe it's an idea to tell us your start en destination adres, and the route you expect Waze should give, so we can have a look what's going on...
maantje76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Seriously... Routes is Worthless!!!

Postby OldGnome » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

maantje76 wrote:Maybe it's an idea to tell us your start en destination address, and the route you expect Waze should give, so we can have a look what's going on...

....or even the country - that would help for a start.
OldGnome

Return to Navigation & Routing