"Routing Service Timed Out" Message

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Re: "Routing Service Timed Out" Message

Postby bl4ck4dd3r » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 pm

I too have had a lot of timing out but put it down to the time of day I travel and the fact that despite setting my destination to home I don't ever take the route suggested :twisted: in order to force a re-calculation.
Area Manager - Nottingham
bl4ck4dd3r

Postby bl4ck4dd3r » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 am

did you repair the last one ?
if not and it is in my area i'll take a shufty for you
bl4ck4dd3r

Postby bl4ck4dd3r » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:01 am

i thought so too
but it hasn't been my experience
sometimes the error isn't just a disconnected node and at intersections that aren't just
basic 2 roads meeting things don't ever seem to self repair without intervention

I am still trying to get waze to navigate me to work using the route I travel every day
which is the most efficient and shortest and uses main roads with no shortcuts (as there aren't any)
but it steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that the on ramp to the ring road is a valid route
i have traced the route using cartouche and all nodes are connected so i am still trying to work out
what is wrong, and this route is driven daily twice in each direction, so any self repair should
have been affected after a month you would have thought :roll:
bl4ck4dd3r

Postby bl4ck4dd3r » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm

hadn't really looked at the junction of A52/A606 although I have driven it and
it is within my editing area. Does it work properly now ?

The problem area for me seems to be this bunch of roads A453 / A52 / B679

I approach from the North heading South along the B679 and the route should be
'at the roundabout take the first exit' which is the slip road up to the A453 and then to cross the River Trent on the A52 Clifton Boulevard.

I will take a look at the route again later tonight but if in the meantime anyone can see anything that is stopping the route i'd be happy to hear it.

This junction was somewhat of a mishmash and had some obvious problems such as roads that should pass over or under being set at the same level and nodes that didn't connect, even a one way road pointing the wrong way, I had expected it to all work once I had corrected the faults but alas !
bl4ck4dd3r

Postby bl4ck4dd3r » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Don't suppose you noticed if I was the last person to edit those parts ?
I don't think I had anything to do with Westerfield Way as I don't go into there (Silverdale)
and there is only one way in and out so no through traffic.

can't find the section you refer to in (2), there doesn't seem to be any part updated by you today on my cartouche. Does it take time to filter through ?

I will take a long hard look at the entire route to Clifton Boulevard from my house when I am refreshed in the morning.

cheers for the repair work , my tired eyes didn't spot either of those.
bl4ck4dd3r

"Routing Service Timed Out" Message

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 pm

My Weekly 100 mile cross country round from Lincoln to Telford is almost mapped. I can now get from Lincoln to Cannock but often when trying to plan a route I get the "Routing Service Timed Out" message when creating a route, why is this?
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 8.2 • Waze 4 Alpha Release
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 am

I now think it's due to Waze not being able to resolve a route due to disconnected nodes.

Yesterday I was trying to drive from Cannock to Clifton and initially it routed me via the A5 to the M42 but then south to the M6 and along to the M1 and back up to Nottingham .... about 50 miles extra!

Once on the A42 I was getting "Routing Service Timed Out" if I re-started the route. Anyway I had a look at the map last night and found a disconnected junction just before the A42 meets the M1 and/or A453. I'll try it again next Monday when I'm going that way again.

I also found another disconnected node at the A52/A46 roundabout on the other side of Nottingham.
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I am still trying to get Waze to navigate me to work using the route I travel every day
which is the most efficient and shortest and uses main roads with no shortcuts (as there aren't any)
but it steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that the on ramp to the ring road is a valid route
I have traced the route using Cartouche and all nodes are connected so I am still trying to work out
what is wrong, and this route is driven daily twice in each direction, so any self repair should
have been affected after a month you would have thought :roll:

bl4ck4dd3r - which junction is this? It might be the same problem I'm having when going though Nottingham. Basically once a week I drive up the A42 catch the M1 for one junction and take the A453 to Clifton. I then pick up the A52 towards Grantham and then A46 to Newark/Lincoln. Hoping to be able to navigate all the way though soon.

I fixed three disconnected nodes yesterday on that route, the two mentioned above and the A52/A606 Junction
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Ahh, that junction ... I drive that each way once a week! I've looked at it quite a few times, last time I locked all the one way sections as they kept changing to two way!

Just had a look and found the following issues:

1. The exit from the roundabout was connected to the one way section of Westerfield Way but not the next part where it goes to two way. Corrected

2. The short section of the A52 just before the southbound slip road joins from the B679 had connectivity against the flow of the one way road. I've seen this a lot where a dual carriageway was not locked and ended up being made two way by a stray GPS track. Corrected

I can't see anything however, that would cause your problem. :-(

As for the other disconnections I don't now yet I only drive them on Mondays (Lincoln -> Telford) and Tuesdays (Telford -> Lincoln). I'll let you know next week. I hope to get mapped as far as Telford before the weekend, just one major junction to go (M6/A5) the I've mapped all the way (apart from Nottingham) all on my own! :-)
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 am

For the second one I'm not sure it will show as me editing it since I only changed the allowed turns; first I created a turn restriction to stop the allowing a route the wrong way up a one way street and then "allow all turns" to make sure I'd done nothing untoward. After that the connectivity highlighted correctly.
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing