Uh-oh! Search requires an internet connection...

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Uh-oh! Search requires an internet connection...

Postby mozman68 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

So...this happens to me as well..but only when I click on my "work" short cut. Full signal, Internet works fine....serious bug.

When I get in the car in the morning, it will try to take me to work automatically...which is usually fine 90% of the time. But yesterday, I had to go the opposite direction to get gas first. With four bars of 4G, kept getting the "uh oh" message. Sometimes, if I search the address through Waze, it will actually work when the shortcut button does not.

Edit: actually, the pic I took yesterday morning when it happened shows 5 bars with 4G symbol. Don't know how to get the pic on here from my iPad though.
mozman68

Postby mozman68 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 pm

4G can't be the issue as it works fine on all other shortcuts...just the "work" shortcut button brings up this issue for me.

Another thread suggests clearing it and typing in the address as the shortcut instead of grabbing it from my address book. Will try that and see what happens.

Working from home today, so guess I'll try it when I head out for lunch just to see. :D
mozman68

Uh-oh! Search requires an internet connection...

Postby topgear6500 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm in the UK using Waze on my iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0.1) and the latest version of Waze (3.5.1.0). 90% of the time when trying to navigate anywhere I get an error message about not having an internet connection when working on my cellular connection, including 3G. This doesn't happen at all when working on WiFI.

It's very frustrating and makes Waze un-useable as a navigating tool.

Please fix this issue! :(

IMG_0244.PNG
Screen capture
IMG_0244.PNG (85.76 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
topgear6500

Postby topgear6500 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys...

In response to a couple of points:

No phone calls were in process at all during any of the navigation requests.

Never happens when on Wi-Fi.

Cellular data connection is present as the phone can retrieve email.

I've tried a software restart on the app and a full restart on the phone - no change.

I'm assuming it's because the connection to the Waze servers is too slow. I'm in the UK so I don't know if you guys are all US based? I'm in the US next week so will try again there to see if I have the same issue.
topgear6500

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing