when at my destination

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

when at my destination

Postby adamsmiley » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm

:idea: When at my destination or on the street of my destinations the screen should say the whole address with house number or just the house number. There has been a few times I have to go in to history to get the house number since I don't remember it when I'm going some where new. An example I want to go to 342 W Jackson street when I make my last turn on to Jackson street it just says W Jackson Street. At this point the house number is no where to be found. This makes it hard to make sure I turn in to the right drive way even with the flag there I could be off by one drive way. Is there anyway to get the house number to show? :idea:
adamsmiley

Re: when at my destination

Postby adamsmiley » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I don't like auto so I don't need it to announce it out loud. I just want it to read out on the screen. I have never seen it do this no mater how I entry the address. This is only needed when I type out the address or do it from history (for most times I type it out before I leave the house, then close Waze since I'm still in the house).
adamsmiley

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 am

This still seems to be a problem we can't figure out when it does and doesn't announce the address.

I believe if you navigate to the actual address, not using a result from a business name search or POI, it will announce it. I've heard it many many times say, "Now arriving at 123 Main St." for example. But other times, you are correct, it doesn't announce it. I think favorites don't announce an address.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think favorites don't announce an address.

Currently at least for my work and home favorites, waze is announcing the street without the street number. Thus I currently get an announcement something along the lines of: "You are arriving at work - K Street."
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Navigation & Routing