Default route selection

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Default route selection

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:08 am

davipt wrote:The Service Road I still don't understand it, so I'm trying to avoid it. It surely doesn't behave like a private or parking road as I did the mistake of using service road for the gas station and now I'm getting routes going through it, so it does look like behaving like a street or primary. So my experience is contrary to the "isn't used to pass through". But on the other hand I've seen waze "using to pass through" boardwalks and walking trails, so I'd rather use what I know and ensure those non drivable ones are not even connected at all

Last from me on this tangent... "isn't used to pass through" is NOT a Waze restriction, it is an characteristic of the type of road Waze seems to be offering us. As you've noticed, Waze treats it as a Street. Which has basically the same real-world characteristic -- you don't normally want to use it on long trips.

The problem is that no one has really understood what Service Roads are for. And when I say no one, I include editors and maybe even Waze staff. Right now they are used in so many different ways that they have lost all meaning.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing