Adjust arrival time across time zones

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Adjust arrival time across time zones

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm

This has been discussed before with Waze and it would seem that this would be exceedingly difficult to do due to the non-linear nature of time zones and uncertainty about whether a particular country, state/province, county, or city subscribes to the use of daylight saving time. Crossing one time zone to another may not actually change time, or sometimes it does. I'm not sure there's a mathematical formula available like there is for dawn/dusk calculation.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 am

shane8750 wrote:How about where to change time zone? It's always saying i'm arrive 5 hours ahead of what it is, but the minutes are correct. I never entered a time zone but can't find anywhere to correct the issue.

Please post a screenshot showing the wrong time ETA.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shane8750 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:11 am

How about where to change time zone? It's always saying i'm arrive 5 hours ahead of what it is, but the minutes are correct. I never entered a time zone but can't find anywhere to correct the issue.
shane8750

Adjust arrival time across time zones

Postby Tlitf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Whenever I'm navigating to a destination that is in a different time zone from the one that I am in, the estimated arrival time is for the time zone I'm in. Can that be changed to the destination time zone?

E.g. I'm in Chicago. It's noon Chicago time. I'm navigating to Michigan, and it will take 2 hours to get there. When I arrive, it will be 3pm Michigan time. But the estimated arrival time says 2pm.
Tlitf

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 am

I live in Knoxville (Eastern) and travel monthly to Nashville (Central). I don't travel FOR work but I work while on these trips. At my work we all follow Eastern time, so even though I am in Central for 3 to 7 days a month, I am ALWAYS on Eastern time (phone, watch, car, computers, etc). So I for one do NOT want Waze to be smart. If I am driving somewhere and trying to get there in time for a 3 pm Eastern conference call, I don't want Waze doing any math for me.

I of course realize the case you mention is true and valid. I'm just saying we may need an option to turn it off as well.

For now people just need to realize that ETA arrival time = Device current time plus estimated travel time. Your arrival time will change as soon as your device updates its time once you cross into the next time zone.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing