Picking a wierd route

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Picking a wierd route

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Waze does have an affinity for street names, and it may be avoiding the transition to Isabel.

Livemap shows this as well: http://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=14&lo ... g=62935506

I wonder if the parking lot road here or one of the junctions might be corrupted? That's about the point on livemap where the routing switches to using Isabel. It's just a parking lot road, so I'd advise trying deleting the parking lot, delete the junctions on Vineyard, then redraw the parking lot as at least two segments instead of one.

Test in livemap again on Sunday.

EDIT/OT: Ahhhh, Livermore. "New" exit 51 was the first interchange I staged before it was opened and had it available for routing just a few days after it opened, before Google. :D
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Picking a wierd route

Postby graemewl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:27 pm

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-121.79868&lat=37.64298&zoom=4&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTFTTTTFTTTTFT&segments=67753472

Travelling North on Vallecitos heading to Vineyard Avenue to make a left turn.
The main road changes name, but goes straight.
Rather than keep me on the main road straight to Vineyard, Waze suggests turning right. This is effectively staying on Vallecitos, but is in fact a right turn at a stop light. If I simply stay on the main road, the route calculator adds 5 minutes to my trip - a little excessive for an 1800m section :) I'm guessing the segment info must have an incorrect time window.
I'd attempt to fix it myself, but section ID 67753472 has been locked.
graemewl

Return to Navigation & Routing