Service Road affects routing?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Service Road affects routing?

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 pm

bgodette wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Yup. Ramp or highway type. If it's a long route and it doesn't fall into the first or last 10 km of the trip, Waze will see it as if it's completely disconnected. That's where the Primary Streets and Streets get pruned from the options.
O Rly? The thread. That route wouldn't work if that were the case.

Does that route qualify as a "long route"? It's 106 km on the route that uses the Primary Street. According to the info in cbenson's post, it does and should not be possible. Obviously that nanorep info is wrong...nothing new there, but more wrong than we ever thought it was.

I'm getting lost now...To recap what I've observed, the problem was originally that it was avoiding the Service Road segment. I mistakenly said that the Service Road was treated as a Primary Street...but was corrected in that it is treated like a regular Street. So did we ever actually try setting it as Primary Street? Obviously if the Service Road (not even mentioned in cbenson's table) is treated as a Street, it would make this route not work on a long route.

I just tried to look at it on the map again, but it seems that the original segment ID no longer exists and the permalink isn't centered on it.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Service Road affects routing?

Postby CBenson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

jasonh300 wrote:[So did we ever actually try setting it as Primary Street?

Yes the entire "service road" was changed to primary street type. That did not solve the problem.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... s=49823859
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.1.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing