Service Road affects routing?

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Service Road affects routing?

Postby AggieJM » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 pm

If we just change that one segment of the service road, will it negatively affect any other routing along that service road? I'll make the change and test the routing after the next update, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't break any routing that uses a longer portion of that service road that includes that one segment.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Service Road affects routing?

Postby AggieJM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I've noticed an odd routing behavior, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing the right cause.

If you're on the far north side of Dallas, TX (Frisco) and heading to a destination south of Dallas on I-35E, the fastest route is to take the Dallas North Tollway south to I-35E in downtown. At the end of the DNT, there is a ramp that you leave the DNT that puts you onto the I-35E service road, then a few feet later you take the ramp onto I-35E. Service road segment highlighted in this permalink:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lat ... s=49823859

Whenever I route through here, Waze will always suggest DNT to I-635 west, to I-35E south. But as I drive down the tollway and get within a few miles of I-635, the routing will update to skip I-635 and use DNT all the way into downtown.

Is this cause by the longer route opting to not use the Service Road, then as I get further down the DNT, the route is shorter and the Service Road becomes an option? Or is there something else that I should be looking for?
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing