Nav voice guidance weirdness

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Nav voice guidance weirdness

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am

Turn guidance to turns only (minimal), then go to the General Settings and see if you have a female voice selected. I'm guessing so.

When Waze doesn't think it has a street name loaded to say, it switches navigation instructions to the selection you have when in minimal mode. What's odd is that it is mixing them, so clearly it has the street information, but another part of some code thinks you don't and so switches the voice output info. That's odd.

Turn on debug mode by navigating to 2##2. Then, drive until this happens a few times. Then stop, go to Main->Settings->Help and Upload Logs. Then (re)post your issue, experience, and date/time you uploaded logs in the iOS v3.6 official feedback thread. (Navigate to 2##2 again to toggle debug mode off.)

(Later, I would recommend deleting Waze and reinstalling it. This shouldn't have to be done, though.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Nav voice guidance weirdness

Postby Harmonie66 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Okay, my nav guidance is acting a little wonky all of a sudden: I'm getting both male and female voices in one instruction. E.g., a man's voice will say "in half a mile, exit right," then suddenly it switches to a woman's voice saying "at Sepulveda Boulevard," then it switches back to a man's voice to finish with "and turn right," all in one sentence. My settings are for full navigation guidance in English (Samantha), so any idea what's going on here? :?

BTW, I'm using Waze v.3.6.0.0 on iPhone4, IOS 6.1.2.

Thanks!
Harmonie66

Return to Navigation & Routing