Blocking and suggesting routes

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Blocking and suggesting routes

Postby drewex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 am

is there a way i can disabled routes i do not use and add some routes that i actually dont get suggested. I noticed once in a while i get a side street that actually works better then freeway most of the time. I tend to take that route myself but i keep getting rerouting regularly.
drewex

Re: Blocking and suggesting routes

Postby RallyChris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Not at this time. Waze is looking into re-enabling the preferred route option which would be shown on the alternate routes page. Waze will always choose what it thinks is the fastest.

Caveats being... there has to be data to know this. Good map setup (no errors in connectivity, turns, etc.). Usage data for both routes (and it takes several uses to get this data to stabilize).

Then there is the issue of how long your route is. The length of route determines which routing algorithm is used to determine the route. What we have been told so far, is that there is one for shorter trips that uses current road data (what other waze users are reporting) and one for longer routes that use historical data. Also, because waze can't try every single permutation of ways to get to somewhere, they tend to prefer larger classification roads for the majority of the trip.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

Return to Navigation & Routing