Fastest routing and aversion to Canada

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Fastest routing and aversion to Canada

Postby CBenson » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 am

ncc1701v wrote:You just went through the border? How long did it take? I'm guessing Waze 's aversion to Canada is due to the hours it can take to get back into the USA.

But if you route from Ann Arbor to Niagra Falls, ON, waze routes you through Buffalo. You have to cross the border whether from Michigan or New York. Why would waze route you south of Lake Erie?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0, Waze 3.9.9.907
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:59 am

ncc1701v wrote:You just went through the border? How long did it take? I'm guessing Waze 's aversion to Canada is due to the hours it can take to get back into the USA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

It honestly didn't take more than 20 minutes from the moment we hit stopped traffic waiting to get through. Waze didn't have any traffic delay reports unless it considers the border a permenant delay :P

Come to think of it, isn't it strange that Waze didn't prompt me to submit a traffic report when I was at a standstill?
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!
tgp1994

Postby jasonh300 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:35 am

tgp1994 wrote:Come to think of it, isn't it strange that Waze didn't prompt me to submit a traffic report when I was at a standstill?

Not if the historic average around the border checkpoints is close to 0.

At what point did you cross? The Peace Bridge between Buffalo and Fort Erie was always a pretty quick route for me.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 am

I remember crossing at least two bridges either on or almost directly after the point at which I crossed into the US... I'm pretty sure it was north of Niagara, on 405.
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!
tgp1994

Postby invented » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 am

tgp1994 wrote:I remember crossing at least two bridges either on or almost directly after the point at which I crossed into the US... I'm pretty sure it was north of Niagara, on 405.

Which is in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and usually the busiest crossing... Because everyone's GPS seems to send them down there.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing