frf79 wrote:Found another one today. This is a pretty complex intersection. Instead of directing the driver to the 1960 service rd to turn left on to I-45 it directs them under I-45 and uturn them back to I-45. It looks like the issue is at the uturn itself but I am not sure. Let me know what you all think. I cannot edit it due it being lock at rank 5.
- That U turn should not be allowed. I am disallowing it.
- Those turn lanes:
- probably aren't necessary;
- aren't set properly with respect to type (At-Grade Connectors); and
- aren't set properly with respect to turn restrictions. Although the allowed right turn in spite of the turn lane from Cypress Creek to North Fwy would indicate that the turn lane is not the problem.
- It could be that the type of the "Cypress Creek Pkwy" segments is part of the problem. Waze doesn't like using anything lower than Minor Highway in longer routes. It's possible that the routing server is attempting to spend as little time as possible on Primary Streets by sticking to the Minor Highway as much as possible.
Of course, it's always possible that it's simply a question of averages, and that disabling the U turn will solve it.