Graceville, FL

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Graceville, FL

Postby CBenson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am

No, not really. Waze is going to calculate which way is faster on its own.

It is likely a good idea to go through the area and check all the turn restrictions and road directionality (type the unknown direction road correctly) so we know that waze is working with good data.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Turbo, Android 4.4.4, Waze 3.9.4.0
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:20 am

Understood, but given enough wazers driving these roads, waze will have the speed data to know whether Cotton is faster than Brown. Waze does look for consistency in its routing, but I suspect that the fact that Cotton remains the minor highway more than compensates for the name change.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Turbo, Android 4.4.4, Waze 3.9.4.0
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Graceville, FL

Postby cillanole93 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-85.51 ... TTTFTTTFTT

Highway 77 is the main road that goes through Graceville, FL. In some parts it is called Cotton Street and in some parts it is called Brown Street. Brown Street turns off Hwy 77 and goes through a residential and a main street area that are no longer Hwy 77 and later meets back with the Hwy. The optimal drive is to stay on Hwy 77 (which is Cotton Street now) and not take that side road that is Brown Street.

I am not sure if I have explained this right, so hopefully it will be clear when looking at the map.

Waze is creating a incident that suggests to "check to see if the route is allowed" because users don't follow the suggestion. Is it possible to do something to get the proper suggestion of just staying on Hwy 77?
cillanole93

Postby cillanole93 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 pm

The thing is that Brown Street is going to have multiple stop signs (4-way stops) which is not the fastest path. Cotton Street is the fastest, most expedient path since it is a larger road and only has a couple stop lights. Because it looks like a shorter distance and has the same road name (which I believe is one of Waze's checks), it keeps trying to direct drivers down Brown - which is incorrect.

I have checked and updated the turns on most of the segments. With the exception of one segment that is locked (needs some turns on to the road - which should not affect traveling the north-south path), all the turns have been updated but it still directs along the wrong path.
cillanole93

Return to Navigation & Routing