Odd navigation not using the shortest route

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Odd navigation not using the shortest route

Postby CBenson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is as I'm not familiar with any areas where you drive on the left. But it looks to me that at least this intersection need some attention.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Odd navigation not using the shortest route

Postby klunk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Waze (on Android) has recently started routing me oddly.

I am on a road that 200 yards up the road is a left turn into my destination, however Waze wants to take me off a junction earlier and 1 mile around local routes to enter the road from the other direction. Once I get to a point where there is no other option but to travel the 200 yards Waze correctly identifies that as a route so it is not an issue with Waze seeing a problem with the junction.

It started a couple of weeks back, having worked fine for 11 months and in the last week it has actually got worse and turnng right, left, left and the right to come back on the road it turned me off. Good job I have local knowledge.

This is an issue in East London, destination is Hertsmere Road E14 (https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=0.06 ... 1084944322), travelling west on the A13. Instead of travelling through the tunnel onto the A1261 Waze wants to continue on the A13 (actually a left turn to remain on the same road),ignore that and it wants to take me up the A1206 and back onto the A13 even though the destination is a short drive further along the A1261.
klunk

Re: Odd navigation not using the shortest route

Postby klunk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Ooh, that looks promising. Thank you
klunk

Return to Navigation & Routing