Routing Problem Not Sure How to Report

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Routing Problem Not Sure How to Report

Postby CBenson » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

Waze POI searches essentially retrieve address coordinates from Bing. If you search for either Caryn Elementary, Rancho Cucamonga, CA or Lightfoot Elementary, Rancho Cucamonga, CA on Bing Maps you get a location at Amethyst Ave and Base Line Rd. This appears to be the problem to me. The locations of the schools will need to updated with Bing.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Routing Problem Not Sure How to Report

Postby teknikkle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 am

Yesterday I was delivering flyers for work to elementary schools in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. The routing was all screwed up and I believe this bug may exist in other areas. The city of Rancho Cucamonga in itself is a unique case. The city is made of three communities Etiwanda, Cucamonga, and Alta Loma. Each community decided to keep it's own unique mailing address and their own unique school districts when they were incorporated into Rancho Cucamonga. So it is possible to live in Rancho Cucamonga and send your children to Alta Loma School District while receiving your mail to an Etiwanda address.

When I searched for a school that had an Alta Loma address it showed in the search as the correct address and location. But when I tried to navigate to it I was taken to the Alta Loma School District, which is strange because the school was in Etiwanda School District. After arriving at the wrong place I did not know what happened. Once I realized that it was searching right and routing wrong I could not figure out how to "trick" Waze in navigating to the correct address. After wasting about 30mins because of the wrong route I just used Google Maps because it was easier than searching the address up on my phone then cutting and pasting. I probably won't have this issue ever again, but I would hate to have another person out here or somewhere else run into this issue. If you have never been where you are going it can be hard to spot this bug because the "preview" or search screen shows the correct name and location and other times it shows the correct name and wrong location. And the "all turns" menu show the wrong location with the correct name. So unless you specifically know where you are going it looks like you are going to the right place.

I looked up Caryn and Lightfoot Elementary in Alta Loma School District, Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
teknikkle

Re: Routing Problem Not Sure How to Report

Postby teknikkle » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks!
teknikkle

Return to Navigation & Routing