jhuddle55 wrote:Spot on riveraj23. One would think a waze "champ" would be more than willing to foster the community rather than attack a noob. What makes waze great is the community, by reporting issues on the roads we all benefit. By reporting issues in the app we all benefit. Showing one's "superior" knowledge does not help the community. A champ, and moderator should never respond with anything close to "RTFM". You don't need to inform me there is a manual, more than likely I have already searched for the answer, and not found one, which is why I have turned to the forum. If you don't have the time or desire to answer my question than simply move on and don't respond. Better yet answer it in a polite manor which make me want to sing the praises of this great app and community.
Please refer to the General forum guidelines
which clearly state
- Almost every question which can be asked about the Waze app and the Waze Map Editor has already been asked, so the answer is likely already covered in the wiki documentation.
- Read the FAQ to ensure your questions isn't answered there
- Search using the Quick Help tool on the Support page
- Search the forums, both internal and using Google site-search
- Search the wiki (Newer information, especially when new versions of the editor or app are released, may only be found in the forums initially, but will eventually make it into the wiki.)
If you ask a question that is clearly covered in the FAQ, your thread will likely be closed with only a "Please read the FAQ" response.
The senior users (Champs and Non-Champs alike) have much more important things to do (like helping set mapping policy and making sure the maps are up-to-date on those guidelines) than answering the same question over and over and over again - that's why we wrote the FAQ and other documentation. If you were to search the forum for this question, you'll see that this exact question has been explained in great detail several times.
On a side note, do you really think that your post was a good way to introduce yourself to the community?Before this devolves further into personal attacks, I'm locking this thread.