Wrong language using voice navigation

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Wrong language using voice navigation

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:07 am

IngomarL wrote:Though I set all language settings I can find in the app to English (menues, TTS), voice commands will still ask me in Portuguese (the equivalent of "How can I help you?" etc.) and expects answers in Portuguese as well. TTS etc are all in English, just as I had put it.

Hmmm. That's really odd. I don't use Waze in anything other than English, so... It could be that the other prompts are based on your geographic location. Waze is known to have a preferred language per country.

You may want to visit the Brazil forums area (under Country/Language forums) and ask this question of your local users. When you find out the answer, could you post it back here?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Genesis1-11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi there

I think I have a similar problem here in Brazil.

I use a European Samsung with Android 4.1 in German, bought in Vienna/Austria. I am using waze mostly in Brazil.

Though I set all language settings I can find in the app to English (menues, TTS), voice commands will still ask me in Portuguese (the equivalent of "How can I help you?" etc.) and expects answers in Portuguese as well. TTS etc are all in English, just as I had put it.

As a matter of curiosity, and as I do not like to look like an idiot in front of my app, I wonder if anyone can inform me about the possible reason for this strange behaviour. I do use waze outside of Brazil quite a lot as well, but have to acknowledge that I have either not noticed this problem or its possible automatic solution until now.

Thanks
Ingo
Genesis1-11

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon May 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Take a screenshot and post it. Also, your country controls whether voice commands work, not language selected in Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing