Navigation does not seem to learn

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby fvwazing » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 am

From what I read, a number of roads in that area should be marked private or 4x4, and some turnrestrictions fixed. Big deal.

Instead we see a case of "management by shouting" here. It takes every kind, I guess.
fvwazing

Postby stevenhaywood » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Remember there is a lag between edit and livemap and then another lag between livemap and routing server. I would wait two weeks from edit to see if the routing improves.
stevenhaywood

Postby stevenhaywood » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Hmm but what if the shorter route was done by someone who broke a law or had a 4x4 and went off road for a bit? Waze would then start instructing "normal "drivers to follow this route.

The best way to fix things like this is to use cartouche to verify the connectivity of all the segments along the shorter route... Some junction somewhere is broken. And if a road is locked with the wrong directionality it will never fix itself...
stevenhaywood

Postby curtwitt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:06 am

I am having several problems with Waze learning Navigation. First, I drive one way to work and a different way home due to traffic issues. I have had Waze on for two times in each direction. I have asked it to find me a route home and it finds an extremely out of the way third route. When I leave that on and then drive my usual way, it reroutes me each time I diverge from the track but it still tries everything to get me on its originally suggested route including sending me backtracking for a mile to avoid a road I have already travelled with it on.

The other problem is that I have avoided an intersection on the map near my house because it does not actually exist. I have always driven a different way when I have had waze on. I have reported the mistake in the road in question and even received a response that it has been corrected. However, Waze still continues to suggest I use that road on my route home.

There are other issues but those are the highlights. Thanks for any insight.
curtwitt

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing