Navigation does not seem to learn

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Navigation does not seem to learn

Postby ramik79 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:07 am

jasonm128 wrote:
ramik79 wrote:I started doubting this, as at the very end on my commute,waze ALWAYS suggests a route that is 2KM longer, and take 2 extra minutes than the router I choose (according to its estimate, which are correct), and I've been doing MY route since always and still everyday it suggests the other longer one :s

I'm not a Waze developer so all I know about this feature is what's in the tip video. :) However, you might want to double-check the turn restrictions on your preferred route, especially near the area where it tells you to take a different path. I have had cases before where Waze stubbornly refused to use a path that I thought should be faster and it usually wound up being a bad turn restriction that prevents Waze from going the faster way. I imagine that a disallowed turn would probably take precedence over your preference.

Thanks for the tip.
I had the route corrected sometime ago, but now i discovered that somebody else made changes on a couple of roads on my way and added restrictions that shouldn't be there, waiting for the next live update to see if it is fixed.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Android 4.1.2
ramik79

Postby Shorty-CM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Despite other users' insistence I've never seen it do that. The only way I've ever understood the feature is that it learns your destinations, not routes. Besides, no matter how much you like your route, if Waze doesn't make you go that way, that way probably isn't very ideal. ;) Once you've gone that way a few times and there is sufficient average speed data it will pick it *if* it makes sense. It may not make sense.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OldGnome » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 pm

thethiefofalways wrote:Maybe this is already being discussed, so I apologize ahead of time.

You might want to note the last post (before yours) in this thread was over a year ago. You can search the forums to find the other conversations taking place on this topic or post to the appropriate feedback thread for Android or iOS.
OldGnome

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

This is a really old thread. I've added the "learning answer" to the FAQ: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ# ... _routes.3F
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing