Routing trouble

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Routing trouble

Postby cobra » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:19 pm

I ran in to an odd little routing behavior on the iphone beta (1.2.99.4) today. It looks like the turn-by-turn panel stopped updating. I'm not sure what caused this. I sent in some logs about and hour or two before this post.
iphone_pics 002.png
turn by turn off
iphone_pics 002.png (58.05 KiB) Viewed 874 times

The turn indicator shows a right turn, but as you can see, the road here is not the road indicated.

Later on the same route, it is still frozen the same way:
iphone_pics 001.png
later image
iphone_pics 001.png (52.94 KiB) Viewed 874 times

Strangely enough, the distance has changed, so maybe the text did not update, even though it is still routing to the next road.
cobra

Re: Routing trouble

Postby kwed » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:42 am

I have had several similar issues. Almost all come after having to re-route several times for me.
iPhone 3GS - OS 3.1.2 - Jailbroken
1999 Toyota 4 Runner
Houston, TX - Area Manager
-kwed-
kwed

Re: Routing trouble

Postby Shorty-CM » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 am

I've noticed on a number of occasions that the next driving instruction isn't necessarily the next turn. It seems as though it doesn't consider some turns, turns. You'll have a clearly 90-degree turn somewhere along your route, but the next driving instruction and distance is still some distance beyond that into the trip. Usually this is on some road where I haven't actually gotten to the other turn choices at that intersection and so this 90-degree turn is actually all that exists in the map, even though they're labelled as different streets. But I've still seen this on occasion where the other two or three turns existed at that intersection but it still treats the turn as a non-turn. Odd to see, and can definitely screw you up if you don't notice it on-screen, since there is no prompt to make that turn.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Navigation & Routing