Routing off in new update

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Routing off in new update

Postby n8nagel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:52 pm

CTGreybeard wrote:
xstewiex99 wrote:they do have a vehicle on road option for my htc rezound (android). not sure why they don't on your phone

That is curious. The selections for "On Road" on the iPhone (latest version) are: "Object on road", "Construction", "Pothole", "Roadkill" (I Kid You NOT! :o ), "Oil Spill". The first two choices are OK, the rest are a bit of a joke IMHO.

If you grew up in PA you wouldn't think it's a joke. One of the "on shoulder" options should be "future venison.". Or even here for that matter... saw probably 10 of the tasty little buggers driving through Rock Creek Park last week. A heads up about whitetails nearby would be MUCH appreciated, although the prudent thing to do is slow down and keep your head on a swivel whenever you think they might be nearby.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 4
n8nagel

Postby GLK427 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 am

Routing has been bad for the last 3 days. My usual route home from work now tries to take me way out of the way instead of going the direct route. Clicking routes doesn't help. The direct route isn't a a route option at all. I've reported it as an issue and attempted to fix it myself on the map but nothing looks "wrong" on the map. Please fix. Not usable right now.
GLK427

Postby jslutz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:01 am

Prior to the update, Waze had learned my preferences in driving certain routes. However, post update, it is trying to route me to the Interstate, to work, which would take me out of my way.

Also, sometimes, when I drive my preferred route, and it has me going down a different street, it will say I have reached my destination 3 blocks before I get there.
jslutz

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing