Routing off in new update

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Routing off in new update

Postby Simmeltron » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 pm

mswhite60 wrote:There are a lot of new strange routing happenings over the last 24 hours. See other new threads on the same subject. Something seems to be "off" on the server side.

Exactly, and I'm pretty sure it is not due to the new updated client software. I had a very strange routing issue this morning on my regular route and I had not updated my Waze app yet.
Simmeltron

Postby mswhite60 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 pm

There are a lot of new strange routing happenings over the last 24 hours. See other new threads on the same subject. Something seems to be "off" on the server side.
mswhite60

Postby itsdavetime » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Davidbiz0303 wrote:Was 5 but now give it 3. This latest update has screwed up the routing. It now insists on taking me off the Ventura Frwy west, four miles before my home exit!!! Also don't understand why there is an icon to press for cars stopped on shoulder (where they present little to no hazard to traffic) and yet there's nothing for cars broken down in freeway lanes, where they pose a huge hazard and obstacle!

When you report "hazard", there is an option "on road". Once you select "on road", you can then select "vehicle stopped on road". This will alert other wazers to the hazard.

As for it taking you off the freeway, you can check the map to see why this is happening. Otherwise you can report it as "map issue" and provide a description of the issue. The area manager will review it and make fixes.
itsdavetime

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing