Limit to routing distance?

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Limit to routing distance?

Postby sketch » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Dainn wrote:I've been having this problem in a bad way since I loaded the latest beta (WM 6.1, CF03, Samsung Omnia).

Today on my commute I chose my work location in favorites and it came back as "timed out." Did it again in 10 miles: same result. After doing this a couple more times I went over to Google Maps to get some info and was able to map a route np. Connection was fine, and GPS had 5+ the whole way.

Without the routing I find Waze more trouble than it's worth. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I've been back on Google Maps lately because of this.

I think there are problems with the servers today. This has happened to me once before, a couple weeks ago. On the way to school the routing server timed out about ten times, I checked the forums to see many similar complaints, and when I got back in the car it was fixed.

Still, it would be very nice if it could route offline when this does happen.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Limit to routing distance?

Postby Lemon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:39 am

I did check my route home today. Normally i have no issues. Today i experienced a time out error as well. I know this route and it has worked everyday for the last couple weeks. I solved it by exiting Waze, launching Waze and then re-routing.
Lemon

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing