Missing prompts

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Missing prompts

Postby robin1979 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 am

How is it possible you are editing on the other side of the world?
robin1979

Postby BrutusNL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 am

Cheers Wayne! I checked what you did and feel a little silly not to have known how to do that myself, but hey, that's what the community is for 8-) I'll wait until it shows up in the client and test if it worked (it's an almost daily commute for me). I'll let you know.
BrutusNL

Postby waynemcdougall » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 pm

I've made some changes that I think will fix it. Sorry for not just telling you want to do, but it's easier if you look at what I did. And I can't guarantee it will work. But I think it will.

I'd say the problem was that Waze things you are just going straight ahead. I think the general solution is to make a sharp Y connection.

I've also aligned the roads better with the aerials and GPS traces - the north bound lane was way too far south.

Finally I've moved the intersection back to the first right-turn arrow on the road. I really think you need more notice to move into the lane, since it has now become a compulsory turning lane.
waynemcdougall

Missing prompts

Postby BrutusNL » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Please have a look at this junction. One of the users reported a map error since he didn't get the proper instructions. This is one of the weaving sections in our freeway system, so it is important to get the right instruction to keep left or keep right. I did a testdrive this afternoon from Europalaan, Utrecht to Afrit 29 Houten, Houten and found out the following:
At this junction you get no prompts to keep right. Instead, before reaching this junction, it prompts you for the next junction (400m further) to keep right. The latter being a valid instruction nonetheless, but too soon considering you have yet to pass the first junction. What I checked:
- Streetnames are different for all segments, so Waze could never think it's the same street
- Turn restrictions/connections are in order
- Other prompts really quickly after another (e.g. keep left and in 200m turn right) are no problem for Waze.
Please advice on how to fix this. :|
BrutusNL

Previous

Return to Navigation & Routing