Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Postby finzivw » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:15 pm

nick-name wrote:If remembering and understood correctly from reading other threads and discussions, the network sought for, is not the mobile phone network. It is rather the (network of) Waze servers that can not be connected to. The problem can depend on many things.
Poor coverage of the mobile network at current position of user.
Congested mobile network, even with good reception (ie proper radio quality), there might not be room for everybody's data traffic.
Problems on the way to/at the other end, eg Waze servers having bad time or something else.

Many thanks for the information. So back to Waze to get its act together and sort the problem out. Especially bad today with no buses running in London causing lots of traffic problems.
finzivw

Postby finzivw » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I have moaned before about searching for network. Waze seems to freeze on search but now I find if I turn off wifi and restart mobile making waze use my 3/4G when reconnecting it has so far worked without a problem. Give it a try. ;)
finzivw

Postby FriskyBizz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:13 pm

I've also been experiencing this for awhile now (weeks). I turn GPS off and then on again and the message goes away once Waze connects to the GPS. But then it will return awhile later. The time between events varies. Sometimes I can go most of a trip without this occurring, other times it is happening every few minutes.

More annoying is that without looking at my phone there is no indication that Waze does not have a GPS lock on the network. So then the app is not giving me accurate updates and I've almost missed a turn-off I needed to make. At least if the app would vocalize this issue then I would know without having to constantly be looking at the device.

I am on a new Samsung Note 3, Android 4.3. I've installed GPS Test app and will monitor that as well and see what it reports.
FriskyBizz

Postby ittleman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm having the same problem on Blackberry Bold in the Toronto area.
ittleman

Postby karlminc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:29 pm

I have also been experiencing this same problem for the past month or so on my Andriod phone. Waze is constantly losing the network connection and I have tried everything from shutting the app down and restarting, restarting my phone to just going into and out of all of the different Waze features to try to get it to connect to the network. Nothing has worked so far, which is very frustrating as this was easily my favorite and most frequently used cell phone app. I don't understand what happened to it all of a sudden as I never used to experience these kinds of constant network connection issues. I just downloaded a GPS app for my phone and will see if that does the trick.
karlminc

Postby kbot1294 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 am

I too have noticed this problem where it is searching for networks. today I started the app on Iphone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 and it seemed okay. I put it in my pocket for a bit and then got it out to navigate and it couldn't find the network. I closed the app and shut it down completely and then started it again but no help. usually that helps.
-kbot1294
Level 2 editor
kbot1294

Postby llllllPeaceful18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 am

Creating a Waze User worked for me.

Solved! :)

Details:

Had to reninstall (Didn't work).
Tried to jump straight into navigating by hitting "Skip" for the registration process (Didn't work).
Created a user to make Waze happy (Worked!) - Maps downloaded, voice etc., no more "Searching Network..."

All the best!
llllllPeaceful18

Postby martin81cool » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:38 pm

so here ´s the deal...waze might have some server issues on replying to requests from a NAT server on a wireless network or something similar.
Waze was working totally fine on my phone until last week when I realized my wireless operator made some changes on its IP network.
until last week my phone was always getting a public IP address 191.232.x.x and since last saturday I start getting a 10.x.x.x IP address which is a private one.
From knowing someone working at that wireless company, I know that they resently deployed a NAT equipment since they ran out of IPv4 addresses and now they give to its users private IP addresses that are then translated to public ones.
probably is something that WAZE support should approach more seriously.

regards
martin81cool

Postby mikupoiss » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:08 pm

I had it today out of the blue.
Every other app that uses internet had no connection or data problems. But Waze couldn't get anything from its servers... Only the map was being displayed.
mikupoiss
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby nick-name » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 am

I am also experiencing this, since circa November 25th. All my drives since then, are in the map editor very fragmented into separate short drives. I have tried to access Internet both directly from my phone and also connecting via a mobile WLAN-router, with the same effect.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

MapRaids: WoWs2 Pakistan, Russia, WoW India (2017 Chhattisgarh, 2018 Uttar Pradesh), MMR-X (Swaziland)
nick-name
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation & Routing